|Address||1730 Dundas St, London, ON N5W 3E2, Canada
|Job Offered By||Individual|
|Company||Commissionaires Great Lakes|
|Veteran Friendly Learn More|
Ensure that school aged children cross municipal roadways safely in accordance with the Ontario Highway Traffic Act and with policies and procedures of Commissionaires Great Lakes (CGL).
Duties and responsibilities:
• Safely cross school aged children across municipal roadways
• Use a regulated stop sign and other safety equipment as required
• Report for duty during designated shift times at various locations across the city
• Perform daily safety check of crossing location
• Observe and report any incidents or conditions that present a potential safety hazard to the school children or the crossing guard
• Be available for on-call shift coverage as required
• Perform any other duties as assigned
There are no formal education or experience requirements for this job, but all candidates must have verbal English communication skills.
In addition, successful candidates must be able to meet CGL’s hearing and vision standards, as well as provide a current (within the past 60 days) and clear Vulnerable Sector Check.
• Outside in varying weather climates and in high traffic areas
• Various locations across the City of Stratford
• Transportation is at the expense of the School Crossing Guard
• Equipment provided by CGL: safety vest, stop sign, whistle, rain coat
• Hours of Work: Approximately 3 hours a day on a split shift between the hours of 7:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday during the school term (September - June)
• Must be able to stand and walk at a quick steady pace for up to 1 hour at a time
• Must be able to hold a sign weighing up to 3-4 lbs. with repetitive up and down movement
How to apply: Send resume to CrossingGuardRecruiting.firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all interested candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Commissionaires Great Lakes is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunities. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified, if requested, provided the applicant has met Bona-Fide requirements for the open position. If contacted applicants must make any accommodation needs known in advance. Please contact the Commissionaires Great Lakes Human Resources Team for more information.