|Address||Edmonton, AB T5B3N9
My name is Meagan, my husband and I have been offering dog boarding in our home for over 4 years. We have two female/spayed dogs of our own. We own our house and have a fully fenced back yard. We welcome dogs of all sizes, but require a meet and greet to ensure we are the right fit for you. I have been working in dog daycares and kennels on and off for 7 years, and have to say that dogs are my biggest passion. We are a science based home. What does that mean? We don't follow dominance theory on any of our clients. We do not pin, or intimidate dogs to get them to do what we want them to do or behave the way we would like them to. In turn, we are a stress free environment that your dog can feel safe at while you are away. We take in 1-3 clients depending on personality, and all dogs are fully supervised indoors and outdoors. In case of minor injuries such as a broken nail or a bad scrape I am first aid certified. I can also administer medications and injections.
We have a lot of references and recommend that you message us and we can send them to you. We also have a Facebook page called Pit Stop and Play. We post pictures and videos of our clients for the owners so they know they are having a good time. We know we will our girls when we go away, too. We also have a contract that ensures the cost we agree on is the cost you will be coming home to. Any additional costs are discussed before hand.
Dogs sleep in our room with us. There's tons of beds and kennels available for them. We often end up with a bed full, and that's okay too. Comfort is key, and it is hard to be away from your family. Walks around the neighborhood and off leash walks are also an option, as permitted by the owner. A tired dog is a happy dog, after all!
Toys and beds are supplied, but please bring your own bowls and food. We have a dog with a lot of allergies, so please don't feel obligated to bring tons of treats. We have a large variety of high quality treats here that were are happy to share.
What do we require?
- dogs must be good with other dogs. Note: we do work occasionally with some dogs who are not good with other dogs depending on their reactivity/selective behaviour. Booking dates depends on if these dates are completely available. These dogs must still be able to get along with our dogs.
- meet and greets are not optional. We must meet before the required dates to ensure we are the right fit for you.
- Dogs should be house trained, extra fees apply if not.
- We are kennel free environment, though if we have to go out we do kennel the dogs. If dogs are not kennel trained, the owners are liable for any damage that may occur. Crates must be supplied.
- Vaccinations need to be up to date. Titer tests are welcome.
- We are open to all diets, raw included. If you feed raw please give us a heads up so we can ensure there is freezer space.
30-40$ per night depending on the dog.
Cost negotiable, though! Let's discuss, meet, and I'll let you know what we can do.
Longer stays get discounts, as the cost does add up.
Feel free to email us the dates you are looking for and I can send you an approximate estimate. Remember to include the age, sex, if they are altered, and any additional information about your pet for the most accurate quote.