|Address||Cambridge, ON N1T1A9
|Job Offered By||Individual|
|Company||Iconic Elements Inc.|
|Veteran Friendly Learn More|
We have an immediate opening for a CNC Programmer with sheet metal fabrication, nesting and materials experience. This is a unique position and we are open to training the right candidate to meet our needs and provide you a rewarding career development opportunity.
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing company, utilize your proven experience as a CNC programmer and develop expertise in Production/Materials Planning.
- Review/program laser nests and layouts for jobs ensuring correct quantities, orientation and efficient use of materials including utilization of all raw materials
- Program parts for CNC equipment by reading and interpreting approved drawings
- Prioritize jobs based on work flow, material availability, and delivery requirements / deadlines
- Perform final review/QC of material requirements before releasing jobs to the floor.
- Effectively manage communication with Iconic Team members (design, production, management)
- Oversee inventory stock levels for flat sheet material, stock components/hardware and finished product
- Communicate with Management and our suppliers to select and order materials and hardware based on production drawings and follow-up on material issues.
The right candidate will possess the following attributes and proven behaviours:
- Extremely reliable with exemplary attendance, motivated and hardworking with a natural openness to ongoing learning and development on the job – these are the most important requirements
- Safety minded and team oriented - with a passion to do a good job and contribute to ongoing business improvement and success.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to changing priorities in an effective, positive manner
- Detail oriented, highly organized with demonstrated ability to ensure accuracy and thoroughness
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional presentation and the ability to build positive relationships
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- A mathematical mindset geared toward problem solving.
- College Diploma/Certificate & Non-Smoker preferred
- Ability to lift and maneuver 50 lbs.
- Technical requirements: Microsoft Office, CNC programming, - Solidworks, CAD, CAM, JobBoss (or ERP system), Metacam Nesting Software (or equivalent)
- Mitsubishi laser experience is an asset
- Material Coordination, Forklift Certification, and First Aid Qualification are also all assets.
If you are interested in the role and your desired salary is within our range of $19 - $21 per hour, please reply with a brief Cover Letter, and Resume.
We thank you very much for your interest in Iconic and wish you all the best with your job search.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- Cambridge, ON
- High school or equivalent
- Microsoft Office: 2 years
- CAD, Solidworks or similar program: 1 year
- CNC Programming: 1 year
- Materials Coordination an asset: 1 year
- Nesting Software an asset: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- Forklift an asset
- First Aid an asset