Still looking for the right candidate...
This is a 3-month contract position with possibility for renewals based on performance.
Your technical skills and development abilities will be important to the success of the business platform/website (www.maintenancecare.com).
You will seek to reach high standards of code quality through progressive development methodologies. It will be your responsibility to design, implement, test, integrate different demanding components and work closely with our Chief Technology Officer to maintain the platform.
You will be required to create both functional and technical specifications in support of your designs. This person will be working within a dynamic & creative application development team to build web applications.
This is an excellent opportunity that will provide you with a platform to really impact our business; you’ll make sure that best practices are followed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five years’ relevant experience OR Master’s degree in a related field and three years’ relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Java developer with mastery of J2EE framework as part of the development of new technologies (Java Web Applications, Servlets, Servlet Filters, JSP, JDBC)
- Strong core java fundamentals (5+ years of experience)
- Working knowledge developing cross-browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE, etc.) dynamic web applications using responsive web design * Familiar with various web design patterns & best design practices * Familiar with mobile application development (Apple and/or Android). * Self-motivated individual, enthusiastic and passionate about developing innovative software solutions * Ability to work and solve problems independently as well as in a team collaborative environment * Strong written and verbal communication skills * Team player who is also self-motivated and able to work independently * Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel alike
- Develop moderate to highly complex architectural designs and software solutions in support of business requirements and in accordance with predetermined software solution design standards
- Assist in user requirement process, task breakdown, effort estimation and implementation of new software features in an incremental manner using agile methodologies
- Produce design/functional artefacts
- Constantly look for opportunities to optimize algorithms and improve the efficiency of the technology
- Peer review & approve technical work produced by your colleagues
- Stay current in the field of software development and research/learn new programming platforms, tools and languages as needed. Out-of-the-box and innovative thinking is highly valued.