Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.|
We attract some of the most talented and motivated individuals from a range of fields, with our competitive total rewards package, global offering and growth opportunities as we expand on a global scale.
Our Systems Design team in our Cambridge Life Sciences Division is currently looking for a bright, ambitious Systems Engineer who enjoys team work and on-going challenging projects.
Works with the customer and ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc. design team and project manager to design the system solutions, including hardware and software that meet the customer&'s process requirements for a prototype machine or systems.
- Develops and verifies systems design concept and labour hours budget in quote preparation
- Accountable for the systems engineering including analysis and design of all aspects of a machine, such as but not limited to: system accuracy, cycletime, vibration, thermal, metrology/instrumentation, kinematics, reliability/maintainability
- Responsible for learning a customer process and becoming the local in-house expert, to support the design and eventually the integration of the machine once it is built.
- Provide engineering support to ATS’ worldwide divisions.
- Responsible for systems design and development planning, execution and monitoring including:
- Identifying development activities, defining responsibilities for implementation
- Reviewing and updating the plans as design and development evolves
- Ensures that design requirements are appropriate, documented, reviewed and approved
- Evaluates design output for conformance to design input requirements
- Plans and conducts design reviews at appropriate stages of design development
- Responsible for documenting the results of design review in the design history file
- Conducts design verifications to confirm that design output meets the design input requirement
- Responsible for performing design validation under defined operating conditions
- Assists in the development of systems design standards and procedures
- Assists Group Leader in the supervision of Systems Designers
- Ensures the design of the system maximizes the use of standard modules.
- Accountable for specification documents such as: Functional Specification, Design Specification, Data Specification and Acceptance Test Plans.
- Leads or participates in design reviews with customers, vendors and internal design groups
- Coordinates project activities with suppliers of process critical third party equipment
- Conducts acceptance tests and approving process critical third party equipment
- Models and conducts experiments on high risk system elements to validate design assumptions
- Works with the project team and Systems Specialist to solve design related problems.
- Participates in the integration of some or all of the tasks for which he/she has design responsibilities.
- Reviews machine performance from internal factory acceptance tests conducted on prototype machines
- Assists with continuous systems design improvements on production machines.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
A post secondary degree in Systems Design, Engineering Physics, Engineering Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent.
Six years of experience in systems design, development and qualification of factory automation projects. Thorough understanding of robotics, vision systems, machine controls, structured problem solving, DOE, statistical analysis, precision engineering principles and GAMP is necessary. Good written and oral communication skills and ability to lead or work as part of a multi-disciplinary project team are essential.
ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc CA