- On Kijiji since June 2015
- View poster's other Ads
|Address||Acheson, AB T7X5A4
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Mobile Data Technologies|
Mobile Data Technologies, an Alberta Venture “Fastest 50” Company is seeking an Electrical Engineer to keep pace with expanding sales and product development. The primary responsibility for this position will be to design, create and maintain hardware control systems.
MDT is quickly becoming a leader in control systems for a variety of equipment in the oil and gas industry. Using a combination of hardware and software controls, their unique, easy-to-use control interfaces are in high demand. By building on a core framework of control and HMI software, they are rapidly deploying an increasing number of control applications to an expanding market.
- Apply principles of electrical theory to design, implement, maintain, and improve MDT products and systems for commercial and industrial purposes
- Evaluate engineering proposals, shop drawings and design comments for sound electrical engineering practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria
- Draw or modify diagrams and write engineering specifications to specify design details and functional criteria of experimental electronics units using computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages and prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment
Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects, ensuring effective communication between departments
- Write installation, quality assurance, and commissioning procedures for hardware systems
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design, equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in the oil field service and/or production areas
- 5+ years of experience with low voltage electrical and control system designs
- Experience with industrial automation, electrical sensors and hardware (transducers, A/D input devices, analog outputs, etc.)
- Self-motivated and hardworking with the ability to complete research and development assignments with minimal supervision while meeting time, cost and quality requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey concepts, ideas and issues with team members and customers
It’s true: this isn’t just your typical nine to five job. This position is for someone who is ready to take control over their career. An amazing path is ready and waiting for the right candidate. Is it you?
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org