- On Kijiji since August 2015
- View poster's other Ads : Randstad Interim Inc.
|Address||10025 - 102A Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T5J 2Z2
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Randstad Interim Inc.|
Our Edmonton based client is looking for an Intermediate Business Intelligence Analyst on a 6 month contract opportunity with possible extension.|
Description of Work:
The Business Intelligence Analyst position designs, develops and maintains business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
The business intelligence analyst uses computer-based and data modelling techniques in Identifying, extracting, and analyzing business data then providing the information to users in a more user friendly (understandable) dimensional format in the form of a data warehouse. Where needed, the data will be broken into distinct subject areas by use of data marts within the data warehouse.
The business intelligence analyst provides historical, current and predictive (future) views of business operations. The business intelligent analyst gathers metadata about information products, views, tables, and source systems. The business intelligence analyst recommends standards, policies and procedures of BI tools and systems; identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise-wide BI systems.
Common functions of the business intelligence analyst are reporting, OLAP (online analytical processing, putting data in easily understood format), analytics (allow the user to dig into their data to answer business questions), complex event processing (takes complex transactional data, stores it in a form where the complexity is removed for the user), business performance management, and benchmarking.
The business intelligence analyst provides mentoring or cross training as needed to help business and project team members learn more about BI applications.
- Completion of Degree in Computer Science Technology from accredited institution, or a related degree or diploma. A certificate might be considered with enough experience
- 5 years of Experience with enterprise-wide applications is preferred.
- Experience with the design, development and maintenance of enterprise level data. systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, or others.
- Experience in developing automated reporting.
- Experience with BI and data warehouse technologies.
- Able to take initiative, work well under pressure, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both orally and in writing. Ability to articulate and translate technical language to non-technical customers. Influences at all levels across the organization within span of control.
Nice to Have:
- Business Intelligence certification.
- Experience using data analysis and visualization tools such as Tableau, QGIS/ArcGIS, R, and other analysis software.
- Experience working with TOAD, FME or SQL Developer is an asset.
- Experience putting forward recommendations on source of truth, business transformation, directives and standards.
- Ability to write clear and concise support documentation.
Proven ability to provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced staff.
If you feel you have the required skill-set then contact your local Randstad Technologies representative or apply online today!
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Randstad Canada will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact your Randstad Recruiter/Consultant about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.