- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Edmonton, AB,
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Lead, EMR Reporting and Data|
IT Application Srvcs Level 4
Prov EDM IT Clin Tech Ops Sup
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
CN Tower - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
AHS offers a competitive compensation package
The EMR Reporting and Data Lead, who reports to the Manager of Technical Operations, Clinical Services Edmonton Zone, oversees the day-to-day workload of the EMR reporting and data analysis team. The position is responsible for managing day to day reporting and data needs for our eClinician clinical customers.
This senior position relies on the incumbent&'s extensive knowledge of reporting and data analysis toolsets and requires above average communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leads team of reporting analysts, clinical personnel, vendor personnel, and other IT teams analysts to provide clinicians and clinical business groups access to data and reports.
- Assesses and develops reporting capabilities and toolsets for the advancement of CIS analytics.
- Reporting management including coordination of reporting and application resources, establishing and enforcing high-level strategy and scope.
- Meeting with consumers to understand their reporting needs.
- Creating an inventory of existing and needed reports.
- Identifying the appropriate technological solution for various reporting needs.
- Creating design specifications for new reports.
- Validating the appropriate technological solution for various reporting needs.
- Creating new custom reports (using proprietary vendor tools or third-party report writing tools).
- Modifying existing reports, as necessary.
- Facilitates discussions with other AHS teams including Clinical Services, ITSM, Legal, Access, Data Services, Clinical, Research, DIMR, Corporate, and Facility Structure.
All Non-Union/Exempt positions are being reviewed for possible inclusion in the AUPE General Support Services bargaining unit. If this position is impacted, the incumbent will be notified accordingly.
- Strongly prefer graduate of a recognized degree program in Information Technology, Information Sciences, or related discipline. Minimum educational requirement is diploma in Information Technology, Information Sciences, or related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in Information Technology.
- Extensive knowledge and experience utilizing Crystal Reports, SQL, and other reporting toolsets.
- Epic Systems training and experience preferred.
- Experience in a healthcare environment strongly preferred.
- ITIL certification desired.
- Previous experience in a functional leadership, deliverable coordinator, or project manager capacity required.
- Extensive people management experience: leadership, communication, negotiation, problem solving, self-reliance, enthusiasm, team building, and performance management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization including executive.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services