- On Kijiji since August 2015
- View poster's other Ads : Randstad Interim Inc.
|Address||10025 - 102A Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T5J 2Z2
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Randstad Interim Inc.|
The purpose of this role is to develop information systems and software products. This includes architecture design and implementation of information systems and software products.|
Responsibilities and Activities
Take initiative in performance, work independently and with groups to effectively accomplish project objectives and engage in the following:
• Engage in the development and deployment of new applications, system software, and/or enhancements to existing applications based on documented technical designs.
• Work within an Agile development environment with mission-critical applications.
• Interact with other software engineers or technical leaders in the organization to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
• Collaborate with other developers, business analysts, system architects, and owners in the delivery of new sftware programs and applications.
• Implement and debug subsystems and components.
• Write and execute tests for subsystems and components.
• Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; and participate in professional organizations.
• Recommend data interchange formats, APIs, messaging strategies, application server software, as well as hardware and virtual machine requirements.
• Determine and communicate the requirements and capabilities of components within the context of the larger system, project, and team.
• Support management of the team’s technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance from engineers or project leaders.
• Participate in efforts to share technology and expertise within the company—mentor junior and aspiring Software Engineers.
• Perform tasks efficiently and work together with the team to ensure project success.
• Communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale.
• Collaborate with users, other staff, and the executive team to establish business goals.
• Review new and existing IT projects to ensure that they are on the right path for success.
• Develop systems design and plans.
• Conduct research on emerging technologies to support changes to software and infrastructure needs of the organization.
• Identify a system’s basic structure, defining essential design features and providing a framework for developers to follow.
• Participate in the following:
o Working with business representatives to define requirements
o Analyzing hardware sizing to meet defined requirements
o Designing scalable solutions
o Preparing architectural design documentation including diagrams and inventories
o Participating in the development of business plans, strategic direction, and standards for procedures and policies as they relate to application architecture
o Designing, developing, and supervising the implementation of test plans and report findings, in addition to making recommendations to appropriate stakeholders.
Education, Skills, and Capabilities Required
• At least seven years of experience independently designing and implementing small or medium-sized software systems and components.
• Successful design and implementation of multiple software components and subsystems.
• Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
• Expert skills and experience in at least one programming language (i.e., c#, Java, C++).
• Ability to use one or more IDEs (i.e., Visual Studio, Eclipse) and interactive debuggers effectively.
• Experience with database architectures and modelling and ability to assist with database designs, as required.
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven experience in solving challenging technical problems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Good task estimation and prioritization skills.
• Proven ability to support multiple projects and objectives simultaneously and efficiently.
• Ability to travel to client or other sites to support technical presentations, testing, and integration.
• Quick and independent learner.
• A creative problem solver.
• Post-secondary education in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Certifications in associated programming languages.
• Project experience in the following:
o Server-side scripting languages (i.e., php or python)
o NoSQL database modeling and administration
• Experience using other scripting languages such as batch, PowerShell, and VBS.
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Randstad Canada will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact your Randstad Recruiter/Consultant about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.