Due to growth and continued success, TELUS is looking for a qualified, seasoned professional to fill a Technology Consultant position on the Optik TV Applications Development & Support Team.
The successful candidate will join the Optik TV Applications Development & Support Team to provide leadership, architecture, planning, development and support for TELUS' leading edge Optik TV Applications Infrastructure, with a view to providing the best service in Canada.
- Deployment of developed applications for Optik TV to a pre-production environment for testing, and ultimately production for customer experience
- Provide superior technical consultation to members of Optik TV Applications Development & Support Team, and other TELUS business units, for complex and critical service troubles to manage restoration of Applications on 7x24 availability
- Design of network, application and technology elements to support a variety of business requirements
- Plan, architect, design, deploy, and support projects on time and on budget
- Provide technical task and time estimates to the Project Manager
- Execute all projects and technical tasks in a timely fashion as per the project schedules
- Lead the team in developing proactive measures, processes, practices and changes to support customer services and to resolve issues
- Guide and mentor other team members to enable the delivery of quality customer services
- Re-evaluate the design of services routinely to ensure that they are scalable to meet the growth of the business needs
- Adherence to change management processes
- Manage change requests, trouble calls/tickets and work with vendors or teams to resolve issues
- Develop and maintain documentation and information
- Work with highly talented colleagues in a fun and fast paced team to deliver significant business changing services and applications
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced/excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of:
- Windows 2003 Server & Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Mediaroom Platform (desirable)
- Unix/Redhat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x
- LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, HSRP, GLBP, QoS, ACL&'s, Multicast and Unicast traffic
- Active Directory & Identity Management (IIS)
- PKI and Certificate Services
- HP, IBM and Solaris 10/9/8 Platforms
- Change Management
- Systems methodologies/tools
- Collaboration tools/database
- Additional experience with any the following will be considered and asset:
- Protocols/Technologies: TCP/IP, TCP, UDP, TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, XML, NFS, DNS, RWHOIS, SAN, NNTP, SMTP, etc.
- Hardware: Sun Servers V120 - V880, T2000, T5120, X4100, X4150, Nokia Firewalls, F5 LTM/GTM, etc.
- Applications: Bind 9, CNR DHCP, NMAP, TCP Wrappers, IP Filters, IP Tables, .msi etc.
- Databases: LDAP, Oracle, MYSQL, etc.
- Scripting: Shell, Perl, C, Java, XML, Visual Basic, .Net etc.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills in Excel, Words, Project, Visio, etc.
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Advanced/superior technical and analytical skills. Requires judgment in making and owning technical decisions
- Highly organized, analytical, detail and action oriented
- Ability to handle multiple projects efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrated excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Advanced Ability to lead and collaborate with a variety of diverse groups and teams (internal and/or external) to effectively introduce and implement change in the work place
- Sets and manages realistic expectations
- Works to ensure technical resources understand project requirements
- Answer questions in a timely manner
- Develops and fosters positive relationships with other team members
- Develops simple and easy to understand frameworks and formats to present information and ideas
- Support specific customer issues through assessment, interpretation, resolution or recommendations
- Agile Development/DEVOps Methodology
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (Desirable, but not required)
- Minimum of 5-10 years of equivalent experience in the IT industry displaying progressive responsibility and achievement, in a medium to large scale environment
- Demonstrated experience in a telecommunications environment
- IPTV is strongly preferred
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TVT. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values and delivering on our Customers First commitments. Do you share our passion? At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities. At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.