- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Stratford, ON,
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off. |
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada&'s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada&'s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
By working together, we build strong relationships and create value for our customers. Scotiabank&'s Information Technology and Solutions provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses - Domestic Banking, International Banking, Global Banking & Markets and Global Wealth & Insurance. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.
The PACE Engineering & Corporate Services Team, based in Stratford, Ontario, is responsible for the development and implementation of Pega Case Management based solutions and technology in varying degrees and complexity for internal Information Technology & Solutions (IT&S) and Corporate clients, including Domestic Branch Banking, Shared Services, Human Resources, Domestic Commercial Banking, Personal Lending and Insurance, and International Banking.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Business Analysis Specialist (BA Specialist) will cover a maternity leave. The rise of Pega Case Management (Pega PRPC) and the ability to introduce automation to a number of groups where it did not previously exist are driving important initiatives within this team. The BA Specialist is required to participate in the design, development and implementation of our Pega Case Management platforms.
They are required to work with the technical team to develop, and implement the system.
Some of the main responsibilities of the position include managing multiple small projects, participating in and/or managing specific sections of large projects, and providing ongoing support to all assigned units worldwide. As well, formulating and defining systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements for the assigned Lines of Business.
The BA Specialist will also devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems, and this includes analyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements and translating them into proper systems requirement specifications. Providing direction and coaching to Senior Business Analysts, research and analysis of business and technical issues, documentation of project-related artifacts for new development or enhancements as well as the preparation and execution of Integrated System Test (IST) strategy, plan and test cases.
It is also expected that the BA Specialist will act as an evangelist for Pega Case Management and BPM in delivering its business value to other areas of the organization.
To join our team, you must be proactive and dynamic, demonstrate initiative, and have an eagerness to learn, and thrive on challenge.
Occasional travel to Toronto will be required to meet with Business and Technology partners, which would exceed regular defined workday hours. Occasional weekends or overtime will be required depending upon project commitments and timelines.
1. Participate in work sessions with project stakeholders to gather business and process flow requirements. Translate results into business and/or system design documentation.
2. Analyze business requirements and provide input on how to best meet requirements considering delivery time lines and resource constraints.
3. Analyze data requirements and identify data sources and requirements for data migrations, data conversion and data loads into complex database repositories.
4. Assist Project Leader to prepare project plans, prepare estimates of cost and schedule.
5. Prepare and execute Integrated System Test (IST) strategy, plan and test cases. Accountable for test results and ensuring system meets documented requirements. Participate in the resolution and retesting of problem logs.
6. Provide input to project status and progress reports to client and Sr. Management
7. Provide production support, including off-hour support if required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Must have demonstrated progressive IT working experience in business systems analysis in technology projects. Ideally in banking or financial services industry.
* Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of technical working experience in an analytical role.
* Must have technical working experience with formulating and developing test strategies and plans.
* Possesses comprehensive knowledge of Systems Development Project Methodology and Standards.
* Possesses working experience with business design skills.
* Working knowledge of distributed / web based computing.
* Possesses excellent interpersonal skills in order to foster a healthy team morale.
* Possesses excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills.
* Ability to multi-task on several projects while providing excellent customer service.
* Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
* Working knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies is an asset.
* Working experience or exposure with Pega Case Management and Workflow related concepts and data is an asset.
Completion of a Business or Computer Science degree is an asset.
To apply for this position please CLICK HEREScotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.