The Lot Associate's primary responsibility is to load the orders into Customer vehicles. The position not only interacts with THD Associates, but the Customers as well. Because the Lot Associate is often the first and last Associate to interact with a Customer as they enter or leave the store, customer service plays a vital role in this position. Each Associate has the responsibility of providing a safe working and shopping environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manger On Duty, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers.
We're looking for the type of associates who can tap into their inner orange by:
- Approaching customers to determine if they need help loading product into vehicles
- Building relationships with customers by being the first and last contact the customer has when shopping the store
- Ensuring that all safety precautions are taken when loading a vehicle
- Maintaining a sufficient quantity of carts near the entrance of store
- Ensuring that the exits/loading areas are not blocked or cluttered
- Working safely and reporting Associates who are acting in an unsafe manner
- Offering assistance to customers who are loading vehicles in an unsafe manner
- Proactively seeking knowledge on all products and services
- Adhering to major & minor work rule violations detailed in the “Code of Conduct”
- Actively participating in loss prevention programs and processes
- Helping other associates and colleagues; can be counted on to support work colleagues when needed.
The kind of orange we’re looking for will:
- Ensure store presentation standards are met being in-stock every day, communicate all out of stocks to Supervisor and Inventory team.
- Maintain a clean and uncluttered store/work environment, ensures that department/area and aisles are clear, product is easily accessible to customers and is properly signed; consistently removes trash and distressed items
- Follow safety policies and procedures outlined under The Home Depot Environmental health and Safety Management system element under “Worker”
Home Depot Canada