Welcome to Sears, one of Canada's most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course?
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada's largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
All interested applicants please submit resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add subject line "Merchandise Flow Manager" to your e-mail. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Purpose of the Job
The Merchandise flow manager will be responsible to supervise the day-to-day activities of the merchandise flow team, including scheduling staff, assigning work, training associates, and providing customer service at dock pick-up. Create an environment of positive associate engagement that maximizes customer service and delivers flawless execution of all processes and standards.
- Create an environment of positive associate engagement by actively promoting Sears Mission, Vision and Values, conducting regular communication meetings and having active recognition and associate development plans in place.
- Build a successful team by communicating daily with associates, recognizing performance and coaching to develop selling skills that will help to drive personal and team results.
- Supervise and participate in the evening off-loading and defrocking of trailers and merchandise from shuttles, including reviewing condition of containers/merchandise, verifying bills of lading, defrocking to fixture-ready condition, placement of merchandise on the sales floor and dock standards maintenance.
- Lead the team in delivering the Customer Service promise at dock pick-up, respond to customer queries, resolve problems/issues and ensure merchandise is properly handled.
- Supervise the day to day activities of the merchandise flow team, including scheduling staff, assigning and prioritizing work, identifying tasks, responding to associate queries and associates relation issues, participating in performance assessment, etc.
- Provide coaching/training to associates in merchandise flow activities and customer service, respond to queries, and review activities to identify opportunities for process and efficiency improvement.
- Provide training as required.
- Compile and prepare daily productivity reports for all merchandise flow activities. Complete productivity analysis, identify areas of concern/improvement, and discusses same with Manager of Operations.
- Ensure all associates work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend and complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others. Perform other duties as required.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
- At least 1 year of experience with Merchandising and Materials Handling.
- Experience working on multiple assignments is a must
- Secondary school certificate
- Ability to lift/ carry heavy objects (10Kg or more)
- Sound knowledge of logistics and merchandise handling
- Knowledge of related systems, ( iNotes, NROS, Kronos-ET)
- Strong time management, customer service, leadership and management skills
SEARS CANADA - RETAIL