Sales Associates provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. Sales Associates have an emphasis on department and product knowledge, provide information on product features and are familiar with related items in order to sell an entire project. Associates in this position know how to find, inquire, respect, solve and thank every customer in their department and know how to provide basic service in adjacent departments. Sales Associates are focused on customer service and finding and solving customer needs.
- We're looking for the type of associates who can tap into their inner orange by:
- Actively seek out and offers a friendly greeting to customers in his/her designated department and throughout the store.
- Asking open ended questions about customers’ projects in order to determine their needs and level of expertise .Be enthusiastic with the customer, when necessary, handle several customers at once
- Thanking customers for shopping at The Home Depot
- Answering questions about merchandise according to the customers’ level of expertise
- Escorting customers to appropriate merchandise, regardless of department
- Describing features and benefits of merchandise
- Explaining the steps needed to complete projects and the products needed
- Acquiring beginner product knowledge in adjacent departments
- Has knowledge of related HD businesses (i.e. HDCD, Pro Services, etc) and how to best recommend them
- Turning over customer to Sales Specialist when needed
- Communicating to the Fulfillment and IAs about out of stocks
- Resolving customer complaints or involves the appropriate manager to ensure customer satisfaction
- Executing daily stock maintenance: all products are signed, displayed, lit and clean
- Doing light shelf facing maintenance outside of store power hours
- Assisting with minor resets and cross merchandising as necessary (including wing stacks, chip clips, displays and ads)
- Ensuring that aisle end caps and counter promotions are clean, presentable
The kind of orange we’re looking for will possess:
- Must fulfill Minimum time in position and performance management code requirements of V2 (or P3 in previous system)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
Home Depot Canada Inc.