Covering the Kitchener/Cambridge area, the Outside Automotive Parts Sales Representative develops new prospects and interacts with existing commercial customers to increase sales of the company&'s products and/or services. The Sales Rep is responsible for increasing awareness of the company and the features and benefits of sales and training programs offered. Acquires new commercial customers within the assigned trading area, which will consist of up to three stores.|
- Makes sales calls on assigned commercial accounts at the customer&'s place of business.
- Increases sales by listening to and meeting current customer’s needs and by continually promoting value-added products such as Web Link.
- Typically assigned 50-65 commercial accounts.
- Partners with major account management to seek out and call upon potentially new major account customers and maintain good working relationships with current major accounts.
- Works with regional director of sales to identify new prospect accounts within each store territory and calls on prospect accounts to develop new business.
- Rotates between stores every two to three days, meeting daily with the store manager in the territory being covered for the day.
- Performs a consistent call schedule each week (12-15 calls per day), travelling within assigned stores' service or prospect area.
- Communicates effectively with store teammates to improve competitive position and improve customer service levels.
- Promotes company programs, such as TechNet, to customers and to installers.
- Learns the competition&'s strengths and weaknesses.
- Keeps abreast of all competitive products and programs.
- Provides assistance to store manager in resolving customer complaints or problems.
- In some areas or stores, may be responsible for sales of automotive paint and painting equipment.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Sales experience in automotive aftermarket industry or other related industry.
- Knowledge of Automotive Aftermarket a plus
- Must be a motivated individual.
- Requires demonstrated sales, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to effectively use a computer to manage sales and present e-commerce value-added tools to customers.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must maintain a good driving record.
- Sales: 1 year
- Auto Parts: 1 year
- Automotive aftermarket industry: 1 year
CARQUEST CANADA LTD.