CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website.|
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC Wealth Management is focused on providing excellence in relationship-based advice, service and product solutions that meet our clients' needs. We have a comprehensive offer that addresses the full spectrum of wealth building clients, from self-directed investors to high net worth private wealth individuals to institutional clients.
CIBC Asset Management includes our institutional money management business, as well as our in-house mutual fund and managed solutions businesses. It is one of the leading asset managers in Canada, with a combined $60 billion of assets under management.
To learn more about the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Your role acts as an integral member of the market leadership team, and works in an assigned territory to enhance and drive major sales and product support activities in alignment with national strategy. The overarching mandate of the role is to partner with market leaders to build sustained sales force capability and confidence in order to increase overall product sales and leverage client business.
Your role focuses on creating and deepening advisory relationships on the asset side of the client balance sheet. Segments supported include Imperial Service, Private Wealth Management, Business Banking and Personal Banking. Key products supported include: wealth solutions, such as mutual funds, pooled wrap products, and fund of funds products, as well as personal and business deposit solutions, including payment products and services, chequing accounts, savings accounts, and GICs.
What You'll Be Doing
Product Knowledge and Support - 40%
Sales Support - 40%
- Provides subject matter expertise and balanced support across key products. Builds technical product knowledge within the sales force regarding product offers and policies, sales processes and tools, primarily through delivery formats that leverage scale, such as advisor forums, district meetings, webinars, conference calls, etc.
- Provides product and sales expertise at forums such as sales presentations, promotional road shows, conferences and investor seminars to external audiences
- Creates awareness of national and local marketing programs and leads the successful introduction of new product launches
- Aligns local market execution with national office direction and contributes to key initiatives as required
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of products, processes, policies and tools including compliance and securities regulations to effectively deliver support across key product areas
- Ensures that the right support groups are engaged to support sales and servicing
Sales Strategy Development\- 20%
- Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to advisors on assessing and analyzing client needs, product suitability, selling of products, use of tools, negotiation, closing of sales, and cross-selling based on the particular client needs
- Partners with market leaders in building advisor capability, identifying capability gaps, and providing solutions primarily through group coaching formats that leverage scale, such as advisor forums, district and cluster meetings, webinars, conference calls, etc.
- Supports abilities of market leaders in coaching to skills, behaviours, productivity and results ("coach the coach" activities). This includes areas such as interpersonal skills, sales pro-activity, opportunity identification, time allocation, and process discipline
- Leads and helps drive the implementation of national sales management initiatives and best practices
- Champions positive CIBC client experience and deepening of client loyalty
What We're Looking For
- Proactively identifies sales opportunities to enhance market penetration
Helps drive the market sales force to initiate new sales leads and opportunities by enhancing capability and processes in this area
- Supports the development of business plans with market leaders and helps drive the execution and implementation of these plans
- Supports competitive market strategies through sharing of competitive intelligence and industry knowledge
- Supports market activities targeted at developing new external business sources (e.g. provide materials to advisors for client education seminars)
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Subject matter expertise in the area of Wealth Management; expert knowledge of proprietary wealth management products as well as competitive offers
- CSC and CFP accreditation preferred.
- Completion of or enrollment in the CFA program is an asset.
- Experience in an advisory sales role with demonstrated track record.
- Additional experience in supervising salespeople an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of Retail, Small Business and Private Banking processes
- Superior sales coaching and consulting skills
- Strong communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Superior relationship-building skills and exceptional client focus
- Strong results orientation, self-motivation, and initiative
- Strong leadership and influencing skills sufficient to influence and partner with senior market leadership and to work directly with sales force
- Self-managed with ability to be effective in less structured environments
- Developed planning, organization and time management skills to coordinate own and others' activities
- Computer literacy (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.)
What You Need To Know
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
Please click here to Apply On-Line.
- You must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Frequent local travel within the assigned market as required
- Occasional travel to regional or national meetings
- May be required to work outside of normal business hours