- On Kijiji since July 2016
- View poster's other Ads : Adzuna
|Address||, Wetaskiwin, AB,
|Job Offered By||Professional Employer|
|Company||Alberta Health Services|
|Job Type||Please Contact|
Health Promotion Facilitator|
HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
Health Promotion Facilitator
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Wetaskiwin Community Health Ct - At or Out of
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 36.96 per hour Maximum: 49.15 per hour
Education/Research, Health Informatics, Health Promotion/Public Health, Quality & Healthcare Improvement
The School Health Facilitator:
- Applies evidence-based practice for comprehensive school health.
- Shares child and adolescent health data and trends.
- Conducts assessments of current school health activities in participating schools and facilitates development of action plans applicable to the school community setting.
- Provides leadership to school jurisdictional wellness teams comprised of staff, students and parents in support of comprehensive school health.
- Plans and delivers comprehensive school health education and training to school staff as well as educators and school administration at the division level.
- Participates in the development and procurement of comprehensive school health assessment tools and education resources for use by school health team and participating schools.
- Collaborates with other public health programs and community agencies to facilitate integration of health information and resources into school activities.
- Participates on local and regional committees and multidisciplinary teams as required.
- Applies health promotion principles in working with school, home, and community.
- Advocates for and facilitates healthy public policy development in the school community.
- Delivers the comprehensive school health program to the assigned location.
- Directly reports to the Area Manager - Public Health, and day to day support is provided by the School Health Coordinator.
- Baccalaureate degree in health, social science, or education is required.
- Eligible for registration in the appropriate professional association.
- Relevant community and school based experience with a background and knowledge in health promotion, community development, including planning, implementing, and evaluation of effective community action/strategies are required.
- Knowledge of health promotion theories, principles, and values.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, and leadership/facilitation skills.
- Self motivated and creative, including the ability to work with minimal supervision within scope of responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both staff and outside agencies.
- Knowledge and proficiency in a variety of computer software programs, such as PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Word, and Excel.
- This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver&'s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).
Alberta Health Services