Job Ref 2016-128|
Job Type Full-time
Pharmacist - Operations Manager, Medisystem, London, Ontario
Efficiently manage Pharmacy operations including managing staff, budgets, and equipment to deliver effective pharmaceutical care, maximize dispensary profitability, and productivity.
- Ensure staff present a professional image and provide friendly customer service to foster relationship building.
- Ensure prescriptions are processed using the triple check method and in accordance with professional and legal requirements.
- Ensure proper storage and security of pharmaceuticals.
- Ensure narcotics and controlled drugs are properly received and recorded.
- Minimize medication incidents according to company policies and procedures. In the event of any incident, ensure proper documentation and follow-up.
- Maintain inventory to achieve projected inventory turns.
- Ensure staff participates in appropriate training programs and encourage them to share their learning with other team members.
- Ensure professional profiles for all patients are complete and receive an on-going maintenance in a timely manner.
- Ensure patient confidentiality and privacy are protected.
Inventory and Record Keeping:
- Ensure all staff members perform their job duties within satisfactory levels.
- Assist in setting performance goals for the operation.
- Provide on-going staff guidance and training/development.
- Ensure staff understand and adhere to company policies and, if necessary, take appropriate action for any violations.
- Conduct regular team staff meetings to improve performance.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in consultation with the Human Resources Department.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of billings and reporting.
- Review operations and performance indicators.
- Ensure maintenance of a proper work environment and office security.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other departments and members of the management team.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of all pharmaceuticals utilizing inventory control systems to guard against “out of stocks” or “overstocks”.
- Work to maximize gross margins.
- Ensure pricing of pharmaceuticals.
- Monitor expired inventory and ensure proper handling of these items to minimize financial loss.
- Ensure invoices/packing slips are checked prior to forwarding to Accounts Payable.
- Maintain proper records for Pharmacy Operations according to regulations.
- Maintain adequate operations and office supplies.
- Supervise or assist in the taking of inventory.
- Assist Human Resources to determine staff requirements, recruit and hire new employees.
- Provide New Employee Orientation for new hires.
- Ensure proper training of new employees.
- Work with Human Resources to administer work policies and procedures, including attendance, breaks, vacations, incident reports, conflicts, sick leave, and leaves of absence.
- Conduct three-month and annual performance appraisals and wage reviews in consultation with the Human Resources department.
- Provide continuous performance feedback to staff.
- Organize staff work schedules.
- Supervise and provide leadership to develop team spirit.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure effective communication and employee motivation.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
- Ontario Pharmacist license in good standing
- Three years of retail, hospital, or long-term care pharmacy experience
- Three years of management or supervisory experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to delegate responsibility
- Team player and Leadership skills
Shoppers Drug Mart
Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is a licensor of full-service retail drug stores operating under the name Shoppers Drug Mart® (Pharmaprix® in Québec). Founded in 1962 by Toronto pharmacist Murray Koffler, we have grown to a national network of more than 1,250 independently owned and operated Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix stores across Canada.