Toshiba Business Solutions is looking for a talented Sales Trainer in Toronto for a 12 month contract role with a minimum of 5 years of experience in developing and delivering a Business Solutions Sales Training and Development program to new hires, Sales Managers and Account Representatives.
Description of a Sales Trainer:
This is a 12 month contract position, with the potential of full-time employment with proven success. The Sales Trainer will develop and administers both new hire and continuing education sales training for sales and account management employees. The initiatives supported by this role will help drive three primary objectives of the sales organization: increasing productivity, attracting and retaining our best people, and leading a learning organization.
Responsibilities of a Sales Trainer:
- Partner with The Business Solutions Sales Management and Operations to identify performance gaps and recommend learning solutions
- Design, develop, implement and deliver training solutions in the areas of sales, management development, leadership and other topics as needed
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal client groups
- Leverage appropriate mechanism for disseminating training to the field based on budget, content and timing (i.e. WebEx, classroom training, self study, etc)
- Perform detailed needs analysis; manages the development, facilitation and evaluation of training and development needs; initiates and implement improvements
- Applies instructional design strategies and adult learning principles throughout creation of course curriculum
- Design, develop and deliver effective training and development manuals and materials
- Assist in determining appropriate communication strategies for training and development programs and initiatives, as well as drafting training communications
- Analyze course evaluations; determine effectiveness of training programs / curriculums and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Some North American travel required
- Exceptional facilitation skills
- Bachelor&'s degree or equivalent education/work related experience
- 5+ years experience in training and/or instructional design; demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills required.
- Experience in performance consulting an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication, decision making, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Access to developed sales training materials, and the ability to design/develop/modify instructional materials and courses, to write clearly concerning technical concepts, and to organize content/material in a manner which facilitates learning and mastery
- Must be self-starter and require minimal direction
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in a fast paced environment with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Familiarity with software solutions that will support in the development of online training resources (i.e WebEx, etc.)
We offer a competitive base salary. Additional Toshiba benefits include; health, dental.
Toshiba is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.