We at Ardene are looking for outgoing, highly motivated and dedicated individuals to join our growing team. If you are positive, passionate about fashion, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, we want to hear from you!
The STORE MANAGER’S role is to assist in both maximizing of sales and ensure the effective operation of all store activities. This position is required to provide accurate sales leadership to employees and serve to project the company's philosophy and image through both excellent customer service and strong visual presentation techniques.
Other responsibilities include:
- Partnering with the District Supervisor to develop and implement strategies to achieve the store’s sales and profit budgets;
- Training store team (current employees and new hires) on company standards in accordance with the employee manual;
- Taking action with the support of the District Manager on poor performance and resolving conflicts;
- Retaining talent by motivating team and recognizing good performance;
- Conducting administrative and operational duties as required: opening and closing store per operational guidelines, ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to, etc.;
- Preparing and delivering a weekly schedule;
- Handling customer complaints and resolving them in a timely manner;
- Comply with all head office requests (through the Ardene intranet communication system) regarding all store operations (i.e.: price points, visual merchandising, marketing, payroll, human resources, etc.)
- Processing all incoming merchandising shipments;
- Handling all returns to head office as required;
- Comply with policy and regulations as per the company’s employee manual with regards to integrity and loss prevention.
- Processing cash/credit/debit purchases at register using a Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Minimum of 2-3 years retail management experience;
- High-school diploma;
- Strong merchandising and visual presentation skills;
- Excellent selling and customer service abilities;
- Solid business acumen;
- Proven people development skills and ability to assess talent;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to delegate and follow up;
- Strong time management, and priority setting skills.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, climb a ladder and to move and handle boxes of merchandise (weighing up to 30 pounds) and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above;
- Will be provided training on ear piercing.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
ARDENE is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.