It can be a smile, remembering a name, or maybe even just a wave at the end of the day. Perhaps it&'s an unwavering desire to know about every product and service found within our walls and on our shelves. But whatever it is for you, we want to empower you to feel confident in unleashing it. Because at the Home Depot, the world&'s largest home improvement retailer, we know that the difference in our associates is what makes the difference for our customers. Discover how you can help others achieve their home improvement dreams. Apply to work at The Home Depot today. |
Department Supervisors customarily works a flexible schedule, requiring both daytime and evening availability and shifts could be scheduled on any day of the week. In addition to being familiar with and able to perform the functions of the majority of other store positions, a Department Supervisor must be able to perform the tasks and responsibilities as outlined in this job description.
We're looking for the type of associates who can tap into their inner orange by:
- Leading by example in consistently demonstrating Customer FIRST behaviours and promoting positive Associate morale
- Investigating, resolving and escalating customer issues as appropriate
- Walking Department from the Customer Experience perspective daily, ensuring Grand Opening Day readiness, ad execution (per Playbook) and flyer readiness
- Ensuring all Home Depot Standard Operating Procedures and policies in the Code of Conduct are communicated and adhered to by Associates.
- Supervising Associates and work activity within department(s) of responsibility, including ensuring appropriate departmental staffing levels to meet business needs
- Managing Associate performance through communication of responsibilities and goals, rewarding and recognition, documenting and evaluating performance, providing informal and formal performance-based feedback, completing Associate Reviews and Performance Appraisals and providing appropriate follow up
- Developing Associate talent by providing input to Assistant Store Manager (ASM), Store Manager (SM) and Human Resources Manager (HRM) regarding promotion, performance appraisal and/or professional development of Associates in department and conducting interviews for applicants
- Providing Associates with the training, information, tools, coaching, guidance, encouragement and recognition needed to meet expectations and/or take on higher levels of responsibility within store
- Providing floor coverage in department and during power hours
- Developing and maintain strong business partnerships with internal and external partners to ensure that merchandise is optimally staged, ordering issues are promptly addressed, etc.
- Communicating store sales, event and promotional activity (Monthly Playbook) through Rallies, regular department meetings a communication binder
- Reviewing and reconcile sales, inventory and other reports as they relate to Key Performance Indicators for assigned department in order to maintain profitability, identify trends, define problems and develop and implement appropriate actions.
- Stocking shelves to achieve 100% in-stock and overhead organizational plans, maintain aisle cleanliness and shoppability and signage in coordination with internal partners
- Manager ordering where applicable
- Managing minor resets and cross merchandising as necessary (including wing-stacks, chip-clips and displays), and ensuring planogram adherence
- Preparing for yearly inventory
- Ensuring that all Safety and Asset Protection standards and protocols are clearly communicated and followed, training is completed, proper PPE is available and used, and ensure a safe and clean working and shopping environment is maintained and Associates are held accountable to address unsafe work or customer practices
- May be asked to represent the store as a key carrying/manager-on-duty (e.g., opening and closing store, signing for deliveries and price reductions, handling store level complaints in person or over phone)
The kind of orange we're looking for will possess:
- Ability to work a flexible shifts
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
- 1 to 2 years experience as a supervisor
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. If helping people comes to you as naturally as smiling, then our customer-facing career opportunities may be a perfect fit you. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. The Home Depot Canada is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOME DEPOT CANADA