CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website.|
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The Mobile Investment Consultant within the Mobile Sales Force is accountable for building their business through the provision of a client discovery and advice process to CIBC's branch banking clients as well as new clients to CIBC. The goal is to ensure CIBC's client base receives the best financial planning advice in the industry while growing CIBC's share of wallet on the assets side of clients' balance sheets. The role reports to the Director, Mobile Investments and will receive coaching and support as it relates to the creation of business plans and achievement of the annual managed money portfolio solutions and sales targets.
What You'll Be Doing
What We're Looking For
- Focus on client goals by delivering customized recommendations supported by needs-based financial solutions; work with partners within CIBC to provide investment advice, fulfill complete financial plans and deliver products/services
- Keep current on all Bank product offerings against competitors' offerings assessing their offers as required and raise non-competitive situations to national team for response and assistance
- Follow a disciplined sales plan to accelerate profitable revenue growth and proactively identify business development opportunities by:
- Leveraging lead generation tools for existing clients and prospect for net new clients to CIBC
- Identifying opportunities and proactively source client meetings and conduct effective client interviews to generate business
- Identifying joint marketing activities that heighten brand awareness, grow the client base and enhance the overall client experience
- Achieving branch sales goals together with the General Manager, Branch Manager, Financial Advisor and Mortgage Advisor
- Building reciprocal business relationships with external businesses such as accounting firms, law firms, and any other related, non-competing businesses
- Building a local marketing and community plan to capture new opportunities for CIBC; leveraging corporate sponsorship initiatives in local marketing plan
- Executing on the local plan with the assistance of the national team, to record all expenses and manage to an approved budget
- Increasing market representation and CIBC awareness through involvement in community events, branch seminars, branch promotional events, local sponsorship and nationally sponsored programs and promotions
- Making recommendations for future programs/events in partnership with the Branch Manager, the General Manager and Mortgage Advisor
- Leveraging existing network and building new networks within the community (e.g. Business Associations etc) to facilitate new client acquisition
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Previous professional experience in a Retail Branch, Investment Sales or in a Commissioned sales environment with at least two of the following: PFP Designation, CFP Designation, CFA Designation, CSC Course, IFIC Course
- Must meet eligibility requirements for MFDA Licensing
- Well developed business development techniques and the ability to identify opportunities, plan and develop business to achieve business plans and goals
- Ability to examine market/client segments to determine the potential for products and services and ability to establish contacts in the local market to generate opportunities and maintain a positive profile of CIBC in the community
- Developed networking skills
- Developed sales skills to recognize a sales opportunity, explain to clients the benefit of meeting with one of your colleagues or business partners and make referrals to the appropriate employee
- Developed business-planning skills to develop a business plan and tactics to execute the business plan, analyze local trends, develop action plans and compare performance with competitors
- Strong prospecting ability and a proven track record of working to successfully achieve sales targets
- Well-developed verbal and written communications and impact and influence skills to effectively interact with existing and prospective clients
- Strong time management skill and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast and dynamic working environment
What You Need To Know
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
Please click here to Apply On-Line.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role