Our Canadian Sales team is searching for a Field Territory Sales Representative, ideally located in the Regina area, to service our independent and chain customers in Saskatchewan. Based out of your home, you will travel to our customers’ retail locations on a daily basis. In this role, your primary objective will be to impact top line sales and profitability via direct selling and utilization of customer POS systems to improve category performance. In addition, you will be responsible in developing current and new customer relationships in the field and provide territory replenishment, inventory management, and merchandising support.|
Additional responsibilities include:
- Presenting/selling new items and categories to meet market demands in support of building customer and MSG/Redl sales and profitability.
- Communicating with Maurice/ Redl Sales Management and Account Teams regarding account activity, directional changes, customer feedback, and new opportunities.
- Building and maintaining strong multi-level account relationships with Department, Store, and District Managers.
- Establishing and maintaining business relationships with new and existing independent retailers.
- Opportunity for a significant amount of new business development. Cold calling on independent dealers will be required.
- Executing account direction, completing store sets and resets, remerchandising of departments, managing inventories, planning and building in-store features and promotions.
- Planning and adhering to itineraries, completing retail intelligence reports and related documentation.
- In depth knowledge of and passion for the fishing and hunting category, including familiarity with area fisheries and hunting seasons. Knowledge of marine categories, a plus.
- Will be selling and handling firearms, a PAL (Possession and Acquisition License), preferred not required.
- Three years’ recent retail sales/management and strong merchandising skills within the mass market segment.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, email), along with the ability to learn new software applications and use technology to drive the business.
- Strong customer focus, high energy, a professional demeanor, integrity, flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness.
- Excellent internal and external relationship-building skills, coupled with an ability to adapt communication style as necessary, depending on circumstances and goals.
- A self-motivated and self-directed personality with a strong team orientation, who can succeed working independently in the field.
- Business savvy, creativity, and the ability to influence and negotiate in a professional manner.
- Desire and ability to sustain daily travel schedule with overnights all week, every other week, as required to effectively manage the assigned territory (About 10-12 overnights a month.)
- Please note: there may be territory realignments from time to time, which can impact territory volume, commissions, and required overnights.
- Strong attention to detail including accurate data entry and strong math skills.
- High school or equivalent secondary education diploma (Associates Degree preferred).
- Physical capabilities associated with setting stores and stocking shelves, and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid Driver’s License, insurance, and passport (occasional travel to the United States for business) required.
In return for your contributions, we offer a generous total rewards package including competitive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, RRSP, vacation/sick pay, as well as a wide range of voluntary benefits. In addition, Maurice encourages the continued development of all our associates and provides an entrepreneurial, team-focused business environment in which to grow your career.
If you are looking for a rewarding, professional opportunity with a rapidly expanding industry leader and meet the stated qualifications, please submit your resume along with a cover letter that details your salary requirements and any additional information you’d like to be considered.
Only resumes received through our online application system will be considered.
Don’t forget to visit our web site at www.maurice.net!
MAURICE SPORTING GOODS, INC.