The Technology Sales Area and Tech Services Representative is primarily responsible to effectively sell technology services and products. They will support sales floor activities as technology services volume dictates. They will install, configure, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and operating systems. They are responsible for establishing and maintaining sales and service excellence by assigning the highest priority to customer satisfaction and demonstrating quality in every aspect of work.
This position may be eligible to receive additional compensation in the form of a Tech Premium for all hours worked in Tech Services department.
- Maximizes sales opportunities with every customer by using current selling techniques and company programs.
- Sells technology services and products and supports a selling culture in order to achieve current goals and targets.
- Arranges service appointments, performs in store computer upgrades, repairs and setups and follows up with customers.
- Ensures high quality execution of all technology services to minimize rework.
- Provides training and coaching to associates on technology services as required.
- Effectively resolves customer concerns and escalates to management when appropriate.
- .Performs follow up calls to solicit feedback on sales, promote additional products and services where applicable.
- .Facilitates repairs to be done by the Warranty Depot or third party repair facilities to ensure satisfactory customer service standard.
- .Capable to follow RUSCOMP procedures effectively.
- Understands and adheres to all privacy and information management policies and procedures.
- Properly secures company and customer assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention procedures.
- Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
- Checks all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
- Maintains general cleanliness of all tech room and workstations as assigned, according to company standards.
- Maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises.
- Verifiable and Demonstrated skill in performing services/upgrades to all types of computers.
- Demonstrates strong selling ability.
- Ability to make appropriate product recommendations to customers.
- Capacity to communicate with customers effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to make decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently and effectively to handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers.
- Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
- Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
3 to 6 months of previously related experience is preferred.
Technical system diagnostic and upgrades/repair experience is preferred.
Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress and physical discomfort may occur.
- A moderate amount of physical effort is required while handling technology equipment.
* Please note that candidates who wish to apply for the position will be requested to consent to having a criminal background check conducted on them.
Please click here to Apply On-Line.