|Address||Stratford, ON N5A6S6
|For Sale By||Owner|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||400|
- your wife called, she said “it’s OK, go ahead and buy it!”
- your mother called, she’s still not happy you are buying another bike, but she said “if you have to buy one, buy the cute red one with the round headlight”
- your bff called, he said “look at the lines on that 4 into 1 exhaust, sweeeet!”
- every veteran rider, ever, called and said “I had one of those / my friend had one of those, I loved that bike”
- your riding buddy who just spent $10K in accessories on his cruiser called, he said “please stop parking beside him in the parking lot. He’s tired of everyone ignoring his bike while they crowd around the 400/4"
now about the bike...
1976 Honda CB400F - Fully restored
This bike had an engine out restoration and most every part has been repaired, replaced, repainted, polished, etc. Odometer reads 36000 original miles but closer to 10000 since restoration.
The list is too long to mention everything but here are the highlights:
- engine top end rebuild (see photo from time of restoration)
- frame and tank painted, custom decals that match originals, safety decal kit
- recent carb rebuild including new carb intake boots
- new coils, points, condensers, plugs, wires, boots
- other new parts during restoration or in the years since: NOS seat, shocks, muffler, chain guard, levers, mirrors, lens covers, rubbers, fuel petcock, starter button assembly, fork seals and dust covers, cables, chain, stainless steel fastener kit, battery, etc, etc
This bike runs beautifully. Many hours and even more money invested into it. Turns heads and starts conversations everywhere it goes. It’s not ‘mint’ but it’s REALLY nice.
If you are thinking you can save money buy buying a cheaper one and adding a few bits and bobs yourself to make it as nice as this one, you’re likely mistaken. Buy this one, it’s done and I’ve already spent the hours and money for you.
It even makes a great prop for your smiley-face family Christmas Card photo!