|Address||Kingston, ON, Canada
I and my team are offering high-quality Maths/ Statistics/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Computer Science Tutoring and Test/Exam Prep services.
Currently, we have students in Calculus, Statistics, Linear Algebra, Physics, Computer Science at Queen's, high schools, other universities and colleges across Canada.
Rate: Gr. 5-12 ($20~$30/hr), *University ($30~$35/hr).
I have tutored the following courses from Queen's and others.
----------------------------------------------------. . . Student Records
- TEST PREP: MATH 1P98 - (Block U)
- Calculus: MATH 121, MATH 126, COMM 161 . . . . . . 91%
. . . . . . . . APSC 171, APSC 172, ECON 255 . . . . . . . 93%
. . . . . . . . MATH 120, MATH 221, MATH 232
. . . . . . . . MATH 1SL3 (McMaster), MAE 101 (RMC)
. . . . . . . . MATH 111 (StFX), MATH 112 (StFX), MATH 266 (AU)
. . . . . . . . MATH 265 (AU), MATH 104 (TRU), MATH 1171 (TRU)
- Statistics: STAT 263, STAT 268, COMM 162 . . . . . . . . 86%
. . . . . . . . . PSYC 202, KNPE 251, ECON 250, CHEE 209
. . . . . . . . . SOCY 211, POLS 385, ECON 351, NURS 323
. . . . . . . . . KHS 891, MIR 893, NUR 800, CHEE 418
. . . . . . . . . MPA 801, MPA 803, MPA 805, POL 385, BIO 234
. . . . . . . . . QUA 2221 (ALG), HLSC3800 (UoIT)
. . . . . . . . . MA 570 (Mohawk C), STAT 2060 (GuelphU)
. . . . . . . . . MGMT 1501 (Dalhousie), SOC 301 (AU) . . . . 88%
. . . . . . . . . PSYC 220 (TRU), MATH 215 (AU) . . . . . . . . 82%
. . . . . . . . . MATH 1257(NipissingU), MSTM 6033 (Mun)
. . . . . . . . . MATH 1060(Dalhousie), MA 1670 (CNA)
. . . . . . . . . AMS 515 (RMC), BIO B34HB (UoT)
. . . . . . . . . MATH 1045 (Fanshawe C) . . . . . . . . . . 82%
. . . . . . . . . MATH 1052 (Trent U), PYSC 207 (TrinityC)
- Linear Algebra: MATH 111, MATH 112, APSC 174
. . . . . . . . . MATH 196 (BishopsU), MATH 270 (AU) . . . 82%
. . . . . . . . . MATH 201-NYC-05 (Dawson C)
. . . . . . . . . MATH 2150 (Guelph U)
- Finite Math: COMM 161, MATH 1010 (UoManitoba)
- Business Math: MATH 244 (Athabasca U)
- Differential Equation: MATH 232
- Linear Programming (Manage Science): ADMN 2607 (SLC)
- Discrete math: CISC 203
- Complex Analysis: MATH 228
- Applied Math: AMS 101 (RMC)
- Tech math: St. Lawrence
- Admission math: Canadian Armed Force GCT1, GCT2, GRT
. . . . . . . . . . . . . George Brown, Police Force
- Calc/Vector + Date Mgt + Func.: Math Grade 12,IB,ILC . . 91%.
- Func.+ Trig. : Math Grade 11 (IB), 11 . . . . . . . . . . . 94%
- Log + Equations: Math Grade 10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 94%
- Algebra + A. Geometry: Math Grade 9 . . . . . . . . . . 92%
- Fractions + Geometry: Math Grade 8 . . . . . . . . . . . L4
- Fractions: Math Grade 7
- Math Kangaroo contest: Math Grade 6
- Pattern: Math Grade 5 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 92%
- Physics: PHYS 117, APSC 111, MCAT . . . . . 85%
- Physics: Grade 12, ILC
- Physics: Grade 11 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 93%
- Physics (optics): OPSC 1113 (NAIT)
- Java programming: CISC 124, Grade 11
- Python programming: CISC 101, CISC 121 . . 83%
- C programming: ECE 278
- R programming: BIO 243, KNEP 251
- Matlab: CISC 101
- System programming: CISC 220
- Data structures: CISC 235, ECE 278, COMP 272 (AU)
- Discrete math: CISC102, CISC 203
- Logic: CISC 204
- Software spec.:CISC 223
- Digital systems: CISC 340
- Artificial Intelligence: CISC 352
- Micropro. embedded systems: ELEC 371
- AutoIt : software automation: MGMT 898
- Android App development: MGMT 898
On-line Tutoring :
- Math 30 pure (G12), Math 31-IB (Alberta)
. . . . . . . . Math G12 (Toronto, Thunder Bay)
. . . . . . . . Math G12 (Nova Scotia)
. . . . . . . . Math G12 (Regina)
- Math 20 (G11) (Alberta), Math G11 (Toronto) . . . 89%
- Math 10 (G10) (Hamilton)
- Math G9 (Toronto)
- Math G8 (Alberta, Toronto)
- PHYS 1P23 (Block U)
- Physics 30 (G12) (Alberta)
- Physics 20 (G11) (Alberta), G11 (Toronto) . . . . . . 88%
- Calculus: MATH 166 (UoWaterloo), MAT 137 (UoToronto)
. . . . . . . . MATH 266 (AU), MGSC 1109 (Cape Breton U)
. . . . . . . . MATH Kumon Level O (Alberta), G12 (Toronto)
. . . . . . . . MATH 1K03 (McMaster), MATH 199(UoWaterloo)
. . . . . . . . MATH 137(UoWaterloo)
- Statistics: MATH 2593 (UoNB), ADMS 2320 (York U)
. . . . . . . . . MGSC 312 (AU), NSG 5192 (Ottawa U)
. . . . . . . . . ECON 2B03 (McMaster), STAT 2262 (UoNB)
. . . . . . . . . STA 2300 (S. Queensland), MATH 1P98 (BLOCK U)
. . . . . . . . . STAT 1007 (NBCC), STAT 1012 (NBCC)
. . . . . . . . . BIO B34H3 (UoT), BIO B32 (UoT)
. . . . . . . . . STA 215 (UoT), GGR 270 (UoT)
. . . . . . . . . MATH 216 (AU), ECON 221 (Concordia U)
- Linear Algebra: MATH 1057 (Laurentian U)
- Algebra: MATH 135 (UoWaterloo)
- Discrete math: MATH 1401 (UoWinnipeg), MATH 1190
. . . . . . . . . . . . MATH 185 (Centennial C)
- Admission math: Police Force (Halifax)
- Info tech: APITEC 1000 (York U)
- Matlab: ENCMP100 (UoA)
- Java program.: CISC 124 (Queen's U)
- Python program.: CSC148H (UoT), CODG 132 (Rye.U)
- Dr. Racket propram: CS 115 (UoWaterloo)
- Algorithm data structures: INFR 2820 (UoIT)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . EECS 2011 (York U), SE2205B (UoW)
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms: COMP 372 (AU)
- System Design and Analysis: ITM 305 (Rye.U)
- Data Mining: CSCI 4144/ 6405 (Dalhousie U)
- Network management: CSCI 6706 (Dalhousie)
- Network fundamental: ELEC10034 [CCNA] - (Mohawk C)
* 2nd year ($40/hr), 3rd ($50/hr), 4th ($60/hr), Gradu. ($70/hr)
* Computer Science/ Non-mainstream course (+ $5/hr)
* Exam prep./ ~ period (+ $5/hr - new students)
* Assignment help/ exam solutions (w/ quote)
* On-line Tutoring: Avail. 24hrs/ 7days
I finished my Ph.D study and have a Master degree and BSc in Computer Science. My GPA is over 85%. My marks on 1st year Calculus, Algebra, and Physics are over 90%. I was a scholarship holder at university, provincial and national levels. I had been a teaching assistant at Queen's for a few years. I have been an independent contractor as a tutor and exam prep instructor for tutoring and exam prep companies. I am also a part-time tutor for the Centre for Students with Disabilities at Guelph University.
I have vast experience of tutoring and tutored over 430 students from Grade 5 to Master level. I am able to help students from basically loss to having confidence in taking and pass mid-term exams in 2 to 4.5 hours tutoring. I am also good at Exam preparation. With around 10 hours of my tutoring, my students can improve their marks from on the verge of failing to achieving 70s up to 90s. They also understand the materials faster, i.e., fewer tutoring hours.
I'll teach my students special math skills so that they can handle their math problems faster and better. I'll also teach them study and exam skills so that they can handle math confidently and independently soon and no longer need tutoring or just need occasional tutoring in the next semester or future.
Having successfully helped many students, I've recruited and trained a few tutors (PhD and Master students with GPA over 88 %) based on my tutoring techniques and philosophy to help more students.
References (from my students and professors) are available upon request. Transcripts will be presented. We are available basically anytime and can be in exam periods.
If interested, please reply this ad and leave your number if possible.
Twenty-four of my testimonials:
"I was enrolled in Grade Twelve, University-Level Calculus & Vectors, and was having a lot of trouble understanding vectors, their equations, and how to solve vector problems. Tam helped me immensely- he was patient, flexible for meeting times, and had great teaching strategies. Thanks to Tam, I achieved 90% in the course and ensured my scholarship to (my university)!"
- - Keiran B. (Math G12), Kingston, ON
"Without any hesitation I would highly recommend Tam as a math and computer science tutor. Before meeting with Tam, I had no confidence about my math skills but after having some classes with him I found myself improving a lot. I really liked his time flexibility, experience, dedication and professionalism."
- - R. Moe (Math, Computer Science), Queen's University.
“… I needed help with a statistics course for a graduate program, but it had been over (many) years since my last math class, and I was completely unfamiliar with any of the concepts. … Tam was patient and very informative. He brought perspective and life application to the work. … He was always positive and willing to work with my difficulties. I’m happy to say I received my credit when I thought it was impossible. His advice for test taking was invaluable ...
Tam was prompt and dependable. He was available both in person and online. I was surprised how accessible his online instruction was. I would highly recommend Tam as a math tutor.“ (abbreviated version)
- - Lori W. (Statistics), Belleville, ON. (In person and *On-line)
"We are so glad that we found Tam to help tutor our son in grade 11 physics and math. Our son was really struggling, frustrated and receiving no help from his teacher; Tam was patient and thorough and gave our son the skills and confidence to succeed. Tam makes it very easy to work together online and we are so impressed with how much Tam has inspired our son. We would recommend him to anyone and will continue to use his services - he has become an integral part of our son's education. Thanks Tam!"
- - Adrienne (Physics, Math G11-12 ), Woodstock, ON. (*On-line)
"Thanks to Tam for helping me in Math 121 and Physics 117. He was always available when I needed him, well prepared and not only did raise my confidence in these subjects, he helped me achieve an A in both courses."
- - Kristen (Math 121, PHYS 117), Queen's University.
"My grade 9 daughter was experiencing extreme difficulties and on the verge of failing math. Within a few short weeks not only was Tam able to help my daughter pass but she also received an overall score of 87% on her EQAO exams. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for Tam’s abilities as a tutor."
- - Joanna G. (Math G9-12), Kingston, ON.
"After having a bit of a struggle in Grade 9 math, we decided to bring in a tutor to help our daughter with Grade 10 math. Tam was fantastic in helping her not only understand all of her math but enabling her to excel in it. She has one of the highest averages in her class and has built up confidence in herself because of this success. Thank you SO much Tam!"
- - Alyson C. (Math G9-12), Kingston, ON.
"This year my daughter started grade 9 and was really struggling with her math class even with tutoring from her teacher after school. I am so thankful we met Tam! He was very kind, easy to get along with and very knowledgeable. As the tutoring sessions progressed I could see her stress level dropping and her confidence rising as she was finally starting to understand math! With all of Tam’s help, my daughter went from a (failing) at mid term to a passing. It is amazing how quickly Tam was able to help my daughter and turn things around. I have already recommended Tam to several other parents...." (abbreviated version)
- - Tracy H.(Math G9), Kingston, ON.
"I would highly recommend Tam as a math tutor. I hired him to assist my son with grade 11 academic math and within 2 months his marks had risen by 20%. Tam is reliable, well-prepared, patient and well grounded in his subject. He is familiar with and works easily within the Ontario curriculum. Tam related in a comfortable way with my son but kept the sessions focused and productive. He took pride in my son's improvement and was very motivating. We plan to hire Tam again for grade 12 math."
- - Mary (Math G11-12), Kingston, ON.
"Tam is a great tutor. He's very personable, and was easy to work with. If I didn't understand one of the methods he used to teach me something, he would try a different approach until I got it. I've recommended him already to several of my friends, and would continue to recommend him to others as well.”
- - Elena M.(Math G11-12), Kingston, ON.
"Throughout the past month, while Tam has been tutoring me, I have seen my confidence regarding math rise greatly. He's kind, he's knowledgeable and the (On-line) system works perfectly. I have confidence that my mark will continue to rise as I continue meeting with Tam."
- - Austin L. (Math G11-12), Edmonton, AB. ( *On-line )
“Tam is a very professional tutor. He is meticulous in the way he tutors. Tam is very flexible with his schedule. . . . Tam has our son send him a photo of his questions. This allows Tam time to look over the materials and prepare for the tutoring session, this saves time and money for Tams students. In conclusion we feel there is no better Math and Physics tutor than Tam. We highly recommend Tam to anyone who needs help in these subjects. . . . the results are the proof! Please check out Tam, he is simply the best!" (abbreviated version)
- - Keith (Math and Physics G11-12), Kingston, ON.
"Tam is an amazing tutor that understands the needs of the student. He goes the extra mile by thoroughly preparing the material beforehand. Without the basis of grade 12 physics, I was able to excel in first year physics nonetheless with Tam's guidance."
- - Lois L. (Physics), Queen's University.
"Tam tutored me in my business statistics course this summer. I came to him pretty lost and in need of a lot of guidance. With his help I was able to completely turn my grades around and I managed to achieve a B+ overall in the course. He did an excellent job at explaining the math to me in a way that was clear, succinct and relatable. He is very professional and always prepared in advance ... I am so grateful for his help, I absolutely could not have done it without him!" (abbreviated version)
- - Jill B. (Stats), Kingston, ON.
"Our daughter was failing her university level calculus course and decided to take it during the summer with the guidance of a tutor. We found Tam. Tam was wonderful. Tam was very knowledgeable, patient, and kind with our daughter. She was able to pass her calculus course with Tams help and direction. We highly recommend him.
Thank you Tam for guiding our daughter. Without you she would not have been able to do it."
- - Diane M. (Calculus), Kingston, ON.
“Tam was an amazing tutor, he was there to help me whenever I needed it and always accommodated my busy schedule. I would not of gotten the mark I did this year without him. He was very informative and clear and I understood all the concepts so much better after meeting with him. He was a great teacher and I would recommend him to anyone who was looking for a tutor in the future.”
-- Alicia L. (Finite Math), Queen's University.
“Tam has been a great resource for me for Stats and Econ Math. He is always available when I need him and he is well prepared and willing to provide help even with material he has not tutored before. The sessions are focused and productive. I would highly recommend Tam to anyone.”
- - Allison M. (Stats and Econ Math), Queen's University.
"I was having a really hard time with Statistics and I was in danger of failing the course. Just a few hours with Tam and I felt much more confident because he taught me the skills I needed to succeed. I would recommend getting help from Tam because he is patient, smart and friendly:)"
- - Jessica D. STAT 263, Queen's University.
"Wonderful instructor, highly recommended. Tam was able to help me succeed in multiple courses in a short time. He is very professional, reliable, and cares about identifying areas of trouble to focus on improving."
- - Adam (Stats), Queen's University.
"Tam is an excellent tutor. He is extremely knowledgable, very reliable and great at explaining complex concepts in mathematics and science."
- - Amanda M. (Stats), Queen's University.
"Tam was an amazing tutor for Social Statistics. I had to rush through the course but he was very accommodating and extremely helpful. He always came completely prepared for the sessions which made our time together very productive. He was also always available at the last minute if I didn't book in advance. I would recommend him to anyone having trouble with statistics. I couldn't have survived the course without him!"
- - Shira G. (Stats), Queen's University.
“Tam was an excellent tutor. His knowledge and patience helped me to broaden and deepen my comprehension of statistics and prepare me for a difficult final exam. I would recommend Tam to anyone requiring a tutor for an entire course or just looking to brush up on a single topic.”
- - Nigel T. (Stats), Queen's University.
"Tam was my tutor for my second year statistics class at Queen's University. He helped me a great deal and was only given a few days notice to help me prepare for my midterm. I learned a lot from him and am very thankful for all his hard work. I went into the midterm exam feeling prepared and confident!
Thank you so much for all your assistance, "
- - Colleen A. (Stats), Queen's University.
"Within moments of sitting down at our kitchen table with my 9th grade daughter, Tam had figured out what her algebra problem was and began to address it. It was a wonderful experience watching my daughter's reaction to figuring out what she had been doing wrong and how simple it was to correct. After only a few short sessions she is now enthused about going to class rather than dreading it. Tam certainly did as he said he would - he taught my daughter to capably work through any algebra problem her teacher might throw at her.
I also suggested to Tam to start a small clinic for us algebra rusty parents and know that if he does I will be the first to sign up -
Cheers and Kudos" - - Nick C. (Math G9), Kingston, ON.