How to find the perfect apartment for rent on Kijiji during the COVID-19 pandemic
Here are some ways that Kijiji can help you find your new place:
Narrow down your search with Kijiji’s filters
Coronavirus has changed the way we live. Working from home is the new norm – we now spend most of our time within the same four walls. So, considering your place is now the epicentre of daily life, here are some of Kijiji’s real estate search filters you might find helpful when looking for an apartment for rent during COVID:
- Utilities: Kijiji allows you to search for apartment buildings that include utility costs in the price, making your monthly bills much cheaper. You can also search by which utilities you want to be covered by your landlord.
- Number of rooms and den: If you need a dedicated space for your Zoom meetings, searching for a place with a den allows you to easily set up a home office. You can also find listings that match the number of bedrooms and bathrooms you need in your home.
- Outdoor space: Having your own private place to sit outside and relax is becoming increasingly important to renters who are spending more time at home due to COVID-19. Now you can search Kijiji’s listings by the amenities you want, like a balcony or private yard.
- Furnishings and appliances: Whether you’re looking for a fully-furnished apartment or want more details on the unit’s available appliances, Kijiji’s detailed listing pages will give you all the information you need.
- Pet friendly: Fostering cats and dogs is so popular that shelter occupancy is at an all-time low. If you want to start fostering animals in need, you can find pet-friendly buildings with Kijiji’s search filters.
You may also like to read:
Take advantage of Kijiji’s COVID-focused search tools
Even though you’ve found the perfect place to live in the neighbourhood you like, there’s still the matter of the site visit. Just like you’d never buy a house without seeing it, you’d never rent an apartment without checking it out first. But how can you be expected to visit an apartment if it’s not safe to make appointments?
Kijiji supports contactless transactions to make it easier for renters to find an apartment during the COVID-19 pandemic. The next time you look for an apartment for rent on Kijiji, check out these helpful search features:
- Virtual tour: Check out the apartment without leaving your couch. You can tell right away if the apartment you’re looking at is worth a better look or if it’s a hard pass. Being able to view high-quality photos of the unit is the perfect way to get an initial impression without visiting in person. If you like what you see, Kijiji makes it easy to connect with the owner or landlord directly from the listing page.
- Rent deferral: This option lets you know that your potential landlord will negotiate the terms of a possible rent deferment clause in your rental agreement.
- Chat service: This feature lets you communicate with real estate agents, landlords and building managers to ask the important questions you have about the unit you’re considering renting.
- Online application: Find apartments for rent near you that offer online applications to help limit travel time.
If you have to visit an apartment, stay safe
Leaving your home is sometimes unavoidable. It’s understandable to want to physically inspect what could be your future home. If you decide to visit an apartment in person, be sure to keep these health measures in mind:
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently
- Keep your distance
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Do not leave your home if you feel sick
- Confirm with the person you’re meeting that the building and unit have been thoroughly cleaned
Are you looking for an apartment for rent on Kijiji? Take a look at our detailed search options to start your journey and find the perfect home for you.
Your well-being is our number one priority. Stay safe during in-person transactions and visit our Help Desk for more information and advice.