Canadian Red Cross Stay Safe! Course for Ages 9+!
Sign up now! Preregistration required. No walk-ins!
The Canadian Red Cross Stay Safe! program cost is $40 + tax ($46) which includes the Canadian Red Cross Stay Safe! workbook and completion card.
Prerequisite: Age 9-11
Course dates for 2021 are:
- May 22
- June 19
- September 26
- December 4
Course Location/Location details/Times:
- Course is at 440 Wilsey Road, Suite 104, Fredericton Industrial Park.
- The course runs 9AM-3:30PM.
Real-world scenarios often call on children to respond to challenges. The Stay Safe! program teaches applicable and age-appropriate skills, while increasing and reinforcing a youth’s capacity to improve his or her own safety. Whether in their community or on their own, this group will be given better tools to Stay Safe! in a variety of different situations.
• Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
• Importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
• How to stay safe at home and within the community
• How to prepare, recognize and respond to unexpected situations, (i.e. inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
• First Aid Content:
• Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911), recovery position, conscious choking (adult/child/alone), feeling unwell, asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer), anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen), poisoning, insect stings, wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns)