St. John Ambulance is offering the Babysitter Basics course on Saturday October 5th and Saturday December 14th . The course fee is $65.00. Pre-registration is required. Please call 705-324-9894 or email email@example.com for more information or to register.
A St. John Ambulance course developed for youth ages 11 – 15
This course provides New Babysitters with the necessary skills to provide care to children in a variety of situations.
This course emphasises:
* Safety rules;
* Responding to Emergencies; and,
* Development of Leadership Skills
Course content includes:
• Become a successful babysitter
• How to care for Infants, Toddler and School aged children; including (healthy meals, safe play, diapers, bedtime routines and much more).
• How to make the correct decisions when dealing with the behaviour of children
• Handling Emergencies
• Caring for a sick or injured child
• Prevention and basic First Aid – Choking, CPR, Head Injuries, poisonings, Burns and much more.
Take home Materials: Babysitters Manual and Babysitting Certificate.
Take steps to make your Kijiji transactions as secure as possible by following our suggested safety tips.Read our Safety Tips