Construction Project Supervisor
- Jilmark Construction
- Job Type
- Take the next step in your career with a growing organization!
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a friendly, close-knit work environment.
- Exciting opportunity to put your experience to use in this pivotal role!
Founded in 2001, Jilmark Construction Ltd. is a building contractor familiar with various types of buildings including heritage buildings, apartments, condominiums, new and renovated offices, warehouses, car dealerships, churches, and schools. In addition to building a project according to our client's requirements, we are also capable of providing architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical design services.
Jilmark provides quality construction services with the following objectives:
- Attention to detail and close supervision to ensure a quality project is completed.
- Meeting the project schedule and budget.
- Fair pricing based on effective communication, cooperation, and the clients best interests in mind.
Above all, we deeply value the relationships we develop with both our clients and our employees. Our focus is to provide all of our employees with a challenging and rewarding career.
About the Opportunity
Jilmark Construction is looking for a highly motivated Project Supervisor to join our team in Winnipeg, MB.
This position will provide the successful candidate with the exciting opportunity to fully take charge of this role, as well as the freedom to develop and implement project construction strategies in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing construction projects from beginning to end, including obtaining city permits and handling inspections.
- Negotiating contracts and agreements with contractors.
- Bidding or estimating the cost of jobs.
- Maintaining COR safety standards on the site.
- Organizing construction sites on a daily basis to ensure quality construction standards are met.
- Planning and coordinating all aspects of the building process and managing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem-solving and developing creative solutions in a team environment.
In order to qualify for this role, you will need a diploma in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a related discipline combined with at least 1 year of supervisory experience in a similar role.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- AEC/DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred).
- Excellent resource, planning and time management skills.
- Previous project management experience.
- Previous management and delegation experience.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A strong sense of initiative and the ability to undertake tasks with limited direction.
- A valid Manitoba Driver's License and your own vehicle.
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will be awarded an industry competitive salary and an end of year bonus package dependent on skills and performance. We provide all employees with a company cell phone and laptop.
Jilmark Construction values its employees and recognizes that they are the foundation of the successful delivery of all our projects. We provide all the necessary training required for success in the role and offer opportunities for professional development.
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career with a growing organization - Apply today!