Flynn Canada Ltd. is currently recruiting skilled Architectural Sheet Metal Workers (commercial) to fill 10+ F/T vacancies in the Saskatoon and Regina branch (134 Faithful Crescent, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7K 8H8 & 202 Solomon Drive, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4N 5A8). Other locations across Saskatchewan will be required based on awarded projects. Short term relocation assistance offered in locations outside of the Saskatoon or Regina region for the length of the project.
The position of Architectural Sheet Metal Worker is a skilled labour role, in which the Architectural Sheet Metal Worker works within a team, reporting to the site foreman to lay a variety of roofs and siding on industrial, institutional and commercial buildings.
- Installation of Architectural Sheet Metal & Architectural Cladding applications, including Steel Roofing and Wall finishes, Composite Aluminum Wall finishes, Architectural Cladding Systems, Composite Aluminum Wall panels and Custom Zinc or Copper applications
- Set up and use rigging and hoisting equipment
- Fit and join sheet metal parts using riveting, welding, soldering and similar equipment
- Install Architectural sheet metal products according to specifications and building codes
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to work sites and experience in using powered lift equipment
- Provide training to more junior level, less experienced Canadian workers
- Minimum 4 years' sheet metal (commercial) experience OR completion of a three- to five-year apprenticeship program OR Journeyman/woman certificate OR Journeyman/woman certificate equivalent
- Completion of secondary school diploma OR secondary school diploma equivalent is preferred
- Intermediate English skills
- Ability to commute/travel to job site is required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work and communicate with others
- Ability to install all types of metal roofing, wall cladding and composite aluminum panels
- Ability to instruct apprentices and new workers
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to learn and follow our extensive company safety policy
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent full time at 40 hours a week. Overtime after 40 hours, paid at time and a half;
- $28.00 - $38.00 per hour, depending on qualifications (starting wage for meeting minimum requirements is $28.00, wage scale increases based on additional experience). Salary increase is dependent on annual review
- Benefits include: Extended Medical, Dental, Accidental Death & Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, as well as optional Registered Retirement Savings Plan & Deferred Profit Sharing Plan with company contribution up to $1500 annually. Settlement support upon arrival to Canada and/or relocation assistance when required on short term projects outside of the Regina and Saskatoon regions.
- Remuneration of 10% for vacation time
**All interested applicants can apply at: https://flynncompanies.com/current-openings/**
**Questions/Problems Applying? Contact: email@example.com**
___________________Flynn Canada Ltd.
At Flynn Group of Companies, we strive to deliver excellence, growth, and innovative solutions in every aspect of our business. Since 1978, we have enjoyed continuous success by providing high quality contracting services aimed to meet the diverse needs of our customers. Flynn Group of Companies takes pride in providing the best for our people, so it would only seem natural that we’d hire people with the drive to grow and excel, that enables them to be recognized as leaders in the industry! At Flynn, we recognize that our people are the greatest asset, and we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further.Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Join a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Use your innovation and creativity
- Be part of a growing team and company
- Experience opportunities to learn and grow both personally and professionally