We are a husband & wife team of physically fit, very experienced (4 decades) Fitness Therapists, Fitness Trainers and Nutrition Coaches who live what we teach! Ageless Fitness & Health is a private fitness studio next to our home on site - bookings are by appointment. We welcome all ages in our studio.
Other healthcare professionals refer their clients to us! We have healthcare professionals as our clients such as our chiropractor, our dentist, a family doctor, a psychologist, 2 osteopaths and several registered massage therapists who come to us for nutrition coaching and fitness training to keep them in tip-top shape for their professions. Check out our website to view testimonials from our clients; some have been with us for several years!
We have day time, evening and weekend appointments available to clients. Our studio is located in southeast Edmonton, in the Capilano area. We are also very close to Sherwood Park and Millwoods, with easy access to downtown and the north side as well.
Here is what we do:
- One-on-one customized fitness training and coaching.
- Tandem or couples fitness training offered at a reduced rate (note that this only possible where we can fit it into our schedule).
- Functional fitness evaluation & posture evaluation for all adults.
- Functional fitness testing for seniors (ages 70 and up).
- Interval & HIIT training, medicine ball training, dumbbell and barbell training, core training, kettlebell training, resistance training with bands, corrective exercise for posture and limited mobility, functional, movement-based training, pre and post-surgical hip & knee joint replacement strengthening, supersets & hypertrophy training, athletic training for athletes involved in sports such as hockey, curling, soccer, and other sports.
- Balance & fall prevention training for older adults or clients who may be challenged in their mobility.
- Modified resistance training, range-of-motion training and strengthening training for cancer clients who are cleared by their doctor to begin an exercise program. Includes lymphedema exercises for upper or lower extremies. Michelle is certified as a Cancer Exercise Specialist.
- Fitness training for clients who have limited mobility such as those who have arthritis, lupus, blind clients, scoliosis, cerebral palsy, MS, cancer survivors and seniors (must be able to navigate using a cane - sorry we have no wheelchair access to our facility).
- Rehab strengthening for shoulders and back.
- We both are Active Isolated Stretching Practitioners (manual deep muscle & fascial release done on a massage table or seated on a stool).
- We teach a yoga-based stretching program on the floor and using a stability ball. Michelle also teaches Chair Yoga and Chair Exercise.
- We mentor to student fitness trainers.
- Paleo & Whole Foods Lifestyle nutrition consulting (Over 500 hours of study & we are certified in Sports Nutrition).
- Paleo & Whole Foods Preparation Workshops (you watch us cook a week's worth of meals).
- Resistance Training Workshops (using weights, bands, balls, body weight & other implements).
We can create great programs for you to use at home with minimal equipment and we can also build you effective training programs that you can take to your gym or fitness facility to use with the equipment there. We do not offer group training classes and we do not have child-minding services at our location.
To book a 1-hour free consult to discuss your goals and a tour of our studio, please call Michelle or Jack at 780-909-0616 or email us here or from our website. Be sure to ask us about our monthly specials with incentives for staying accountable to your health and wellness!
Check us out - we are very affordable with no membership fees, no large lump-sum payments up front, no line-ups to use equipment. Our studio has high ceilings, is well-lit and it is air-conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter.