Personal Support Worker FT PSW Salaried
- SE Health formerly known as Saint Elizabeth Healthcare
- Job Type
We are currently hiring PSW's to work FT shifts in Kawartha Lakes region
Full- TimeLocation- Beaverton/Cannington/Sunderland
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Personal Support Workers (PSWs), who want to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach utilizing our organizational PSW practice framework - OCAR (Observe, Coach, Assist, Report). As a PSW you will assist the clients with their activities of daily living and provide care activities that are delegated or taught from registered or registered practical nurses. You will be part of a diverse, collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community with a focus on a holistic plan of care and client-centered goals addressing clients physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
As a Personal Support Worker (PSW), you will assist clients in the activities of personal care, household management and generalized services as per the client care plan and in conjunction with SE Healths policies and procedures
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- This is a full-time salaried role
- Candidates must have PSW Certificate.
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized OPSWA memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
Qualifications accepted to work as a PSW:
- Valid Certificate as a Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- Nursing student (2 clinical placements completed)
- Home Support Level 2 or level 3 from a recognized curriculum
- Valid Developmental Support Worker Certificate
- Valid Certificate as a Health Care Aid
- Valid Certificate as a Personal Attendant
- Graduates of a Paramedic Program
- Current First Aid / CPR Certificate
- Current immunization record (TB test completed within the past 12 months) is required upon hire
- Current vulnerable sector check screening is required upon hire
- Availability to work days OR evenings including weekends
- A willingness to attain required SE Health certifications
- Enthusiasm and love of home community care and passion for evidence-informed practice & care excellence
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and adaptable to rapidly changing demands
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- A demonstrated appreciation for quality improvement processes
- Basic computer skills would be an asset
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
SE Health formerly known as Saint Elizabeth Healthcare
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, senior’s lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totalling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.