Volunteer work at Medical Tree
- Medical Tree Kingston
- Job Type
Medical Tree is a polyclinic medical facility offering walk-in services, family practice as well as specialty care. Our top priority is to provide optimal patient care to all who come to our clinic.
We are currently seeking volunteers (unpaid) to help us in managing patient flow in our clinic. Whether you are a recent graduate or a current student, this position would provide you with an essential experience in medical office setting and shall help you build up references for your future job applications while providing care to your community.
Your prime responsibilities would include :
1) Greeting the patients when they arrive at the clinic in person.
2) Screening and triaging the patients for COVID -19 symptoms as per the established guidelines before they enter the clinic.
3) Help the clinic with medical office tasks like keeping office/clinic rooms organized and well prepared for the patient.
4) Other office tasks that will help run the clinic smoothly.
Please make sure you are fit to volunteer during this COVID -19 pandemic:
• If you are feeling unwell, please refrain from volunteering and stay home until fully recovered.
• Have you recently returned from abroad? Please follow instructions from public health as well as your local and provincial health authorities before joining this position( if selected).
Current students or recent graduates from health care program at college or university preferred.
Being available part time (10-24 hours ) per week.
Being able to commit for at least 3-6 months.
Being able to provide CPIC vulnerable sector background check.
Part-time hours: 10-24 per week
Expected Start Date: 2020-10-05
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
COVID-19 considerations: Thank you for your willingness to volunteer during these challenging times. We are committed to providing access to tools and practices through our clinic resources for your safety during COVID -19 pandemic.