Balboa Hot Tub Heaters - Replace Most Spa Packs - Optional WiFi available includes 5.5 Kw Heater Element
This Brand New Balboa BP501 with 5.5 Kw heater is the latest in spa technology with M7 temperature sensing. The Balboa BP501 will replace any standard 15" hot tub heater and is a direct replacement in most spa heaters. This unit come wifi ready and requires the purchase of the Wi-Fi Module- PN 50350
The BP Series is the 1st in a newly designed and improved platform that focuses on reliability. The BP501 uses the same Zircaloy or Titanium heater elements as used in the VL and EL series spa pack. The new BP501 utilizes a more advance carbon based casing that is highly flame retardant and impact resistant. New Features such as quick disconnect heater elements, Wi-Fi Ready, and Press and Hold topside navigation buttons.
This spa pack can work at 120 VAC in which case it will produce 1.4 Kw of heat. It is however primarily expected that it will be used at 230 VAC (requiring 30-50 AMP service) and will produce 5.5 kW of heat. One or more auxiliary heater, each producing 4.0 kW or 5.5kW can be slaved to the unit if more power is required. It's standard spa pack union tail pieces fit 2" piping or with reducers can be easily adapted to 1.5".
Built in programmable features such a 12 or 24 hour filter cycle programming by duration or time of day, various power saving modes including standard, economy, and standard in economy mode, ozone suppression, clean up cycle, freeze protection, panel lock, temperature lock, standby mode for filter changes and sophisticated diagnosis and reminder measures are just some of the features. It also has the ability to select how much current will be drawn allowing a breaker as low as 30 Amp, yet still deliver the full 5.5 kW of electric heat. Optional 4 Kw is available by request.
- 10.56” High x 17” Long x 4.8” Deep
- 15" Heater Tubes
- UL/CSA certification
- Requires Balboa TP series panels and has connectors for 1 main panels and 1 auxiliary panels
- Optional Wi-Fi Module for use with iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Android device
- 120 or 230 VAC ozone support (ozone must have same voltage as heater pump)
- 240VAC @ 60 Hz or 50 Hz, 30-60 Amp 3 wire (needs neutral wire)
- High or Low current mode
- Max Load ratings: Pump 1= 16 amp; Pump 2/Blower = 12 amp; Ozonator = 1 amp; A/V = 5 amp; Light = 12 v @ 1 amp
- The flow through heater tube must be a minimum of 20 USGPM if the heater is 5.5kW. This flow rate should be checked if your spa uses a small circulation pump such a Laing E10 or others made by Grundfos or Waterway. These small pumps when used with 1” piping typically cannot produce this flow. A 3kW heater element is available which reduces flow requirement to 13 USGPM, call us!
- Can only handle 2 jet pumps (Pump One-1 or 2-speed pump | Pump Two- blower or 1- speed pump)
- Warranty – 2 years for system including Heater and Serial top-side Panel
- MADE IN AMERICA not China!
Next Day Delivery Available - Full technical support 1 800 759 8990 - 2 Year Warranty