Poppy's Power Equipment Services
We provide a professional maintenance and repair service to all makes of lawnmowers, snowblowers, snowmobiles, lawn edger's, gas trimmers, generators, lawn tractors and all 4 stroke and 2 stroke small engine power equipment.
Lawnmowers work hard to keep lawns cut and looking good. After long periods of storage parts on lawnmowers can start to dry up, become stiff and may not move as freely as they once did.
Moisture can cause layers of rust and corrosion to build up on parts.Yearly tune ups or preventative maintenance is recommended to keep your lawn mower in top running condition.
If your lawn mower, snow blower, snowmobile, or small engine power equipment is not running well or would like a tune up, we can help.
We offer pick up and delivery in the Kitchener/Waterloo area.
Poppy's lawn and lawn mower tips :
1. Keep your lawn mower's blade sharp. A dull blade frays grass blade ends, allowing moisture to escape, which causes tips to turn brown.
2. Cut your lawn to 3 inches. Longer grass blades are more drought tolerant, encourage deeper roots and grow thicker to crowd out weeds. Shorter cut lawns need more work to stay healthy, weed free and attractive.
3. Try not to cut more than 1/3. Cutting off only one third of the grass blade length reduces stress and helps conserve moisture in the plant.
4.Using 91 octane 0 % ethanol fuel will help prevent ethanol related issues and help keep your carburetor and fuel system clean and in better running condition.
5. Keep your small engine running at its best with fresh fuel. Fuel with 0% ethanol will stay fresher longer than regular fuel.
6. Two of the biggest reasons why it is important to change the oil in small engines. * Debris gets into the oil, causing it to get dirty, and dirty oil causes wear on the engine. * Through regular running of the engine, the oil heats up, causing it to breakdown and create sludge.
Our lawn mower tune up includes a complete top to bottom inspection.
The cost for a lawnmower tune up is $90.00 - pick up and delivery is included.
A lawn mower tune-up includes the following :
New NGK spark plug New 10w 30 oil (Quaker State or Pennzoil) New 10w 30 Quaker State full synthetic oil - add $5.00 Full tank of fresh 91 octane 0 % ethanol fuel Inspect, sharpen and balance lawnmower blade Inspect and clean air filter Inspect self propelled drive belt - adjust if needed Inspect, clean, lubricate front/rear self propelled drive system Set RPM's to factory setting - if needed Inspect and tighten any loose nuts or bolts Inspect fuel lines Inspect fuel tank - drain old fuel Inspect, remove, clean and lubricate all wheels Inspect and lubricate wheel axels Inspect pull cord and electric start Inspect all cables and pulleys Clean underside of lawnmower deck Apply fresh oil to recommended moving parts Apply fresh grease to recommended moving parts Complete lawn mower cleaning / detailing
If you are interested in our services, please e-mail your request and we will e-mail or reach you by phone. Extra delivery charges will apply to areas outside Kitchener/Waterloo. Thank you