I am offering music lessons to students of guitar, voice, drums, and piano who would like to develop a lifelong relationship with music and take their ability to a deeper level. My lessons focus on developing a solid foundation in music in general and on each student's chosen instrument. I emphasize the importance of learning effective practice strategies and of building strong practice habits that will ensure a lifetime of musical growth and enjoyment.
The specifics of what we cover will depend on the student and their instrument of choice, but a few of the general topics covered will be:
- How to understand and apply fundamental building blocks of music to the student's chosen instrument
- How to build a practice routine and get the most out of practice time
- How to learn new material and concepts so that they stick
- How to develop and refine technique
- How to combine ear training and theory to develop strong musicianship
- How to learn and analyze music
- How to record for practice and for songwriting
Lessons are currently being held online over Zoom.
Students must be 13 years of age or older and must have prior musical experience.
Please visit https://www.michellemonettemusic.com/lessons for more information.
Take steps to make your Kijiji transactions as secure as possible by following our suggested safety tips.Read our Safety Tips