Fleet Coordinator (Supply Chain/Logistics)
- Job Type
This position will act as the main point of contact for Driving Associates and fleet activities, including but not limited to assigning and monitoring driver schedules, and ensuring the ongoing safe operation and utilization of equipment to support customer requirements.
Shift details: Rotating shift every two weeks (Days and Afternoons)
- Schedules and assigns drivers and equipment to ensure timely, complete and accurate performance against customer requirements
- Administers and supports emergency “on the road” maintenance to ensure maximum equipment availability
- Procures and monitors Driving Team Members’ equipment use and requirements
- Acts as the point of contact for Fleet activities, documenting and reporting on equipment status, including data collection in support of KPI reporting
- Identifies and escalates process exceptions required to meet customer requirements
- Ensures cross-shift communication
- Recommends corrective action measures to address process and/or team member performance gaps in relation to safety and - compliance policies and practices
- Acts as a backup driver and covers driver shifts as required
- Other projects as assigned by the manager
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Previous experience in a Fleet / Dispatch role is required
- Valid AZ License required, and a minimum 2 years experience operating a 53' foot tractor-trailer within the last 5 years
- Flexible to support rotating shift every two weeks (Days and Afternoons)
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills
- Works well with limited supervision. Exercises strong time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete a Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 350 Hazelhurst Rd. Mississauga, ON L5J 2Z6
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1808889