Downtown Room for Rent!
- Pet Friendly
Downtown Room for Rent in Condo!
*Please read the entire post before messaging!!!
• Is located on the Esplanade between the St Lawrence Market and the Distillery District.
• Bus stop directly outside house that takes you to Union Station/cherry beach/Budweiser Stage/Skydome as well as a 3 minute walk to King Street Car.
• 5 minute walk to No Frills/Dollarama/Multiple Banks/LCBO/Starbucks/Tim Hortons/24 Hour Rabba/Playground/2 Parks/Shoppers Drug Mart/The Distillery/Staples/Police station/Fire station
• 10 minute walk to George Brown College Waterfront as well as St James Campus’
• Has an indoor pool, sauna, party room, visitor parking, 24 hour concierge, and sun deck! (All closed right now due to covid but will reopen) ♀️
• Is a two bedroom plus den (the den is an office which we can both use).
• Has a dishwasher and laundry in the unit.
• Big living room with huge L bend couch with a really big TV that you are welcome to use. I don’t have cable, but there is an HDMI chord you can attach your laptop to for streaming. I have unlimited high speed internet!
• There are 2 cats that live here so I hope you like cats! No dogs (I am allergic).
• NO SMOKING of any kind in the unit, if you smoke you do so outside. This is a complete non negotiable. The condo does not have a balcony but it is located on the second floor right across from the stairs to the back door. It takes less than 25 seconds to get outside from the condo to the back. If you are caught smoking inside you will receive written warnings each time, and the third time, well, we all know what happens after 3 strikes.... I’m only posting this because I did evict my second last roommate for smoking inside.
• We share cleaning responsibilities.
• You are ideally over the age of 25♀️
• You are either a student or work at least part time (or can show that you have proof of income).
• You are a female (no exceptions)
• You don’t come with a lot of ‘stuff’. Lockers are available for rent in the building if you need storage. The condo is already fully furnished (with the exception of your room) and there is very little storage space. Your room is 9’x9’ feet. It can fit up to a queen bed (would recommend a double though), a small desk and a shelving unit/dresser. It has a closet and a mirror on the back of the door. One wall is all windows.
• Indoor bike storage is available for 60$/year in a locker room that only people who have paid for the storage can access.
• If parking is required we can get you a street parking permit where you can park on any of the side streets for (I forget how much but it’s cheap). People also rent their parking spots in the building but those are definitely more pricey. This is a safe neighborhood, lived here a long time and have no seen or heard of a car getting broken into
• This is only suitable for a single person, no couples.
• I’m a female in my late twenties that normally works evenings and weekends, but am off work right now due to Covid. I volunteer for a crisis line, play volleyball as much as possible, am an artist, and recently returned from 10 weeks of traveling the South Pacific. Looking for someone who is friendly and would like to have the occasional drink, dinner or chat - but also respectful of each others privacy.
• I am normally in and out during the daytime as I have a lot of appointments/activities to keep up with - not so much lately (Covid)
• I'm allergic to incense, strong perfume/floral smells, and curry (and a bunch of other things but those shouldn’t affect you lol) - there will be no burning of incense, even in your room as it will recirculate all over the house. I have wax warmers/scented candles in every room, but no incense. Please be considerate if you wear strong perfume to put it on after you leave the house , body sprays are totally fine.
• The rent will be 1100/month. This includes internet and hydro that I pay on top of the rent. I am simplifying this to be an ‘all inclusive’ ad.
• This is a month to month agreement, with a 6 month non negotiable commitment, first and last due by move in. This is to protect us both in case the arrangement does not work out for whatever reason - we both have the opportunity to opt out by giving 1 months notice after the 6 months have elapsed.6️⃣
• I am looking for ideally an April 15/16 move in or earlier, my roommate (who is moving in with her boyfriend since she’s out of work as well) is planning on moving out April 6. The earlier the better, rent will obviously be prorated. However, May 1st can work as well just preference would be given to an earlier move in
• If you think you may be a good fit for this, or you know someone who might be, send me a message!
• The photos attached are of your room, it’s currently full of stuff, but I’ve also attached a photo of it empty.