Poppy's Power Equipment Services
We provide a professional maintenance and repair service to all makes of snowblowers, snowmobiles, lawnmowers, snowmobiles, generators, gas trimmers and all 4 stroke and 2 stroke small engine power equipment.
Snow blowers work hard to remove snow and ice from driveways and sidewalks. After long periods of storage many parts on snowblowers will start to dry up, become stiff and may not move as freely as they once did.
The moisture and salt cause layers of rust and corrosion to build up on external and internal parts. Yearly tune ups or preventative maintenance is recommended to keep your snow blower in top running condition
If your snow blower, lawn mower or small engine power equipment is not running well or would like a tune up, we can help.
We offer pick up and delivery in the Kitchener/Waterloo area.
Poppy's snowblower tips :
1. Many snowblowers are equipped with steel skid shoes which will leave rust stains on garage floors, may scratch and leave marks on most driveway surfaces such as concrete, asphalt, interlocking stone. Installing polymer or high quality skid shoes on your snowblower avoids rust stains on garage floors and will prevent scratches or marks on the driveway and walkways.
2. After each use clean snow off the snowblower to prevent controls, deflector and chute rotation from possible freezing up.
3. Using 91 octane 0% ethanol fuel will help prevent ethanol related issues and help keep your carburetor and fuel system clean and in better running condition.
4. Keep your small engine running at its best with fresh fuel. Fuel with 0% ethanol will stay fresher longer than regular fuel.
5. Two of the biggest reasons why it is important to change the oil in small engines. * Debris gets into the oil, causing it to get dirty, and dirty oil causes wear on the engine. * Through regular running of the engine, the oil heats up, causing it to breakdown and create sludge.
6. If your snowblower often clogs up with snow, does not throw wet slushy or heavy snow very well or does not throw snow very far. These symptoms may be caused by a large gap between the impeller blades and the housing. An impeller kit is a modification that will increase snow throwing distance by 30%, it will stop your snow blower from clogging up and it will throw wet slushy or heavy snow very well. When you have a moment Google snow blower impeller kit to learn more.
7. If you have ever wondered how to convert cc to horse power. Briggs and Strattons formula to convert cc to hp is the number of cc divided by 29 gives the approximate horse power rating.
For example :
205cc divided by 29 = 7.06 hp 250cc divided by 29 = 8.62 hp 305cc divided by 29 = 10.51 hp 342cc divided by 29 = 11.79 hp 357cc divided by 29 = 12.31 hp 420cc divided by 29 = 14.48 hp
Our snow blower tune up includes a complete top to bottom inspection.
The cost for a snow blower tune up is $90.00 - pick up and delivery is included.
A snow blower tune-up includes the following :
New NGK spark plug New 5w 30 oil (Quaker State or Pennzoil) New 5w 30 Castrol Edge full synthetic oil - add $5.00 Full tank of fresh 91 octane 0 % ethanol fuel Inspect shear pins Inspect both the drive and auger belts - adjust if needed Inspect all cables and pulleys - adjust if needed Inspect and clean friction disc Inspect, clean and lubricate transmission parts Inspect and tighten any loose nuts or bolts Inspect forward and reverse gears Inspect fuel tank - drain, flush old fuel from gas tank, gas line and carburetor Inspect fuel lines Inspect light Inspect pull cord and electric start Set RPM's to factory setting - if needed Inspect tires and inflate to recommended air pressure Inspect, remove, clean and lubricate all tires Inspect and lubricate wheel axels Inspect and lubricate auger blades and impeller blades Inspect skid shoes and scraper bar - adjust if needed Inspect chute deflector and chute rotation Apply fresh oil to recommended moving parts Apply fresh grease to recommended moving parts Complete snowblower cleaning / detailing
If you are interested in our services, please e-mail your request and we will e-mail or reach you by phone. Extra delivery charges will apply to areas outside Kitchener/Waterloo. Thank you.