This product will help you repair, do a clean install or update to the Lion operating system for Mac computers. It's perfect for people that dont have a DVD/CD drive or don't have the software on a DVD.
install guide - upgrade to Lion:
1. Power on or restart the Mac.
2. Plug the flash drive in a USB port. 3. Follow the onscreen instructions.
install guide - clean install / repair of Lion:
1. Back-up every document on the computer you will still need (pictures, music, etc.)
2. Plug the flash drive in a USB port
3. Power on or restart the Mac while holding down the Option key. Make sure to keep it pressed down!
4. When it restarts, you’ll have a few options. Choose your USB Installer.
5. Next, select the Disk Utility option.
6. In the window, at the top of the left bar, select your Mac’s Main Drive.
7. Next to the First Aid button at the top, click the Erase button.
8. Now, near the center of the window, select the Format drop-down list and select “Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)” as the type. 9. Click Erase (this will erase your main drive) and allow time for the drive to format.
10. When it’s finished, close out Disk Utility and select “Install OS X” from the menu.
11. Select your main drive and install a brand new OS X Lion on it.
12. Follow the install instructions and enjoy your newly clean-installed OS X Lion.
An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
Mac OS X v10.6.6 or later to install via the Mac App Store (v10.6.8 recommended) 7 GB of available disk space
2 GB of RAM