Wanted: Fundraising campaign help
My name is George, I am looking for some help to run a fundraiser for a Syrian refugee residing in Surrey, who’s life conditions and financial situation is really heartbreaking and brings tears to my eyes, every-time I talk to him let alone seeing him.
This man has seen his brother and brother in-law die right in front of his eyes, and escaped death with his children in Syrian.
He escaped to Egypt, and stayed there for a while, then moved to Surrey, Canada. He was resettled by some refugee association out of Vancouver to the most miserable neighbourhoods in Surrey, where violence is an everyday occurrence, people on drugs attempting to break down the door while he and his children and wife where inside, and this happened on many occasions, where the Surrey RCMP were called, but they couldn’t do anything, and they personally told me that the neighbourhood is mostly people on drugs, thugs, violence is an everyday occurrence.
The poor man has no money to move out of the area, to a better neighbourhood, his children were terrified, they have been seeing psychiatrists... His children got to a point where they stopped talking for months because of the fear they witnessed..
This poor guy called “Zeino” is a very good person, that life didn’t treat fairly. He witnessed the horrors with his family and children in Syria, and almost got killed with his entire family. His brother and brother in law got slain in the same room where he and his family were standing... I will leave the rest to your imagination. A few weeks ago his father in law got kidnapped and nobody knows where he was taken.
This man went through a journey of unimaginable pain and suffering and psychological trauma, to have to suffer again and recollect the past and its horrors, when he already made it to Canada and supposed to be in a healing process to forget the past.
I really sympathize with him and what he’s going through, and feel bad for his children.
I am looking for someone to help me run a Fundraiser campaign, for this man’s family. Or whatever other means we can use.
- A campaign to help him move to a better area where he and his family would feel more safe and especially his children.
- A campaign to raise funds to cover the rent that is more than 2400 a month, in a safe area, Delta would be a good idea.
- A campaign to raise funds for moving costs, furniture, kitchen...
- A campaign to raise funds to pay off the airline tickets that got him to Canada, where he’s still paying them in instalments at 300 dollars a month for almost 3 years now.
- A campaign to raise funds for the family that went through hell, to guarantee a safe future and lift them from below poverty levels to life with dignity that they truly deserve.
- A campaign to raise funds to get the family a car.
Whatever is possible to get them.
I know Canadians are very kind hearted, compassionate and sympathetic to people’s misfortunes and terrible experiences.
I Tought I’d give this a try and see if anybody out there has any experience in fundraising that is willing to help me run this campaign.
I am ready to exchange contact information with people that have the potential and the capacity to help me run the campaign for this family.
Building a good society starts with kind gestures, because you will only
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
Thank you very much